Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Support Desk Manager
at A1 Placement
A1 Placement is looking for a strong, qualified, talented IT Support Desk Manager for the rapidly growing business of our client in Washington DC! In this role, you will be responsible for leading and managing their IT support desk engineering team, to provide unparalleled customer service with a focus on complete and timely resolutions to the technical needs of customers.
This position requires a solid technical background combined with proven customer service experience and a strong management background. This includes the ability to problem-solve and the ability to motivate your team to achieve specific goals. This along with proven leadership skills, communication skills and organizational skills, are essential to perform well in this position.
Ultimately, you must be able to ensure high quality technical support with an on-going focus on increasing the customer experience.
What You Will Do…
- Manage the IT support desk team members and evaluate performance against established expectations
- Ensure customer service requests (tickets) are handled timely and completely
- Recruit, hire, train and support the IT service desk engineers
- Set high customer service standards and hold engineers accountable to those standards
- Contribute to improving customer support by involving yourself in situations that fall below these standards
- Establish best practices throughout the entire technical support process
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports (from our systems) and provide results on the productivity of help desk engineers to the management team
What You Must Have…
- Solid technical background with the ability to provide clear and concise direction to the team
- Proven successful work experience as a IT Support Desk Manager (minimum of 2 years)
- Hands on experience with IT support desk tools and remote control software
- Must be highly customer service focused
- Must demonstrate strong management skills
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or at least 2 years of Help Desk Management experience