Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Java Developer (Entry Level)
at A1 Placement
We are currently searching for an Entry Level – Java Developer for a rapidly growing tech company in DC. The technology team you’ll be a part of works in a dynamic, professional setting with tri-monitor workstations, casual dress, and workplace guidelines that promote a positive environment with minimum interruptions, no overtime, and a focus on productivity.
The right candidate for this position will develop and maintain Java and Java-like applications for website navigation and data collection. While some on-the-job learning is to be expected, candidates should possess the base required technical skills outlined below.
Developer responsibilities revolve around the creation and maintenance of data collection applications that harvest data from a multitude of websites and organize the data into a concise format for use by clients of the company.
Developers are expected to have the ability to address new challenges in a competent manner as they occur. Creativity will be encouraged, and you’ll be suggested to seek the ability to suggest/develop updates and/or changes to the existing code to increase performance.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning and designing software applications.
- Develop new applications.
- Develop and evolve features for current applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve challenges with legacy applications.
Required Technical Skill-sets:
- NetBeans, Eclipse or similar IDE
- A base working knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- A base working knowledge of HTML GET and POST protocols
- HTML / XHTML / XML
- Microsoft SQL Tools
- Source Control (CVS, SVN, etc.)
- Regular Expressions
- Unit Testing