Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at A1 Placement
A DC based software development firm is expanding its talented IT team and is looking for a Network Engineer to take responsibility for the design, planning, operation, security, and day to day management of their organization’s network, servers, switches, network connected devices, and all data communications. In this role, your primary purpose is to ensure production, quality assurance and development applications and services are properly tuned for optimal performance when deployed to the provided hardware. Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- Installing, configuring, testing, maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting the network, including planning and other activities reserved for the most complex issues.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Defines and implements network disaster recovery and hardware, software and information protection and file integrity.
- Ensures network security by insuring proper user accessibility and being able to reasonably guard against the most complex threats to security that will face our network, developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Install, administer, support, and maintain server hardware, peripherals, software, and operating systems.
- Assist in planning for the future strategy of networks and servers and provide budgetary information as needed.
- Maintain parity between production, QA, and development environments
- Ability to configure, manage, debug, secure, and scale LAMP stack (Centos preferred)
- Design, configure, implement, document, and manage Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment systems
- Fundamental understanding of Docker and Docker Compose
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source virtualization technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS, Google, or Azure is desired)
- Collaborate with developers to ensure new environments meet requirements and confirm to best practices
- Research and present new technologies and related tools to introduce in order to improve production systems and grow the agile development environment
- Participate in scheduled deployments, upgrades and maintenance of Linux systems as needed
- Ability to use various scripting languages
What we are looking for:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; or equivalent experience accepted.
- CompTIA Security + Certificate (or get within 6mo-1yr)
- CCENT or CCNA required, CCNP Routing and Switching Preferred
- CCNA Security Highly Desirable
- 2-6 yrs. Experience as Network Administrator or Network Technician
- Commercial telecom/fiber experience desired
- Ensure network connectivity across core and distribution network hardware to provide a high level of availability possible for a combination of video, and data services.
- Develop and utilize monitoring software to review all alarms, log files, and operating conditions to identify potential failures.
- Keep current on network documentation at multiple sites.
- Ensure event logs and routine backups are being taken on all major equipment items. Verify current running configs are saved and available.
- Utilize a process to implement and track new network designs and network modifications.
- Create and execute on efficient operational procedures.