Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Support Specialist
at A1 Placement
A growing tech company in DC is in need of a technical support specialist to assist their employees with software and hardware troubleshooting, installations, changes and upgrades.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Receiving, assigning and managing support requests via phone, ticketing system or chat.
- Resolve technical issues related to software and hardware troubleshooting, installations, upgrades and changes.
- Set up and make changes for employee software and system access; maintain records of access and take measures to ensure proper security levels are maintained.
- Complete various tasks related to ancillary equipment and software regarding maintenance and third-party vendor support.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations including but not limited to: Bank Secrecy Act, Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control, in addition to all company policies.
ABILITIES WE WANT:
- Strong organizational skills, problem solving and attention to detail.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and be comfortable working under pressure.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment to recommend and implement opportunities for increased IT efficiencies.
- Ability to write documentation and procedures.
- A broad knowledge of software and hardware for personal computers and smartphones.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to deal effectively with internal and external contacts.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE WE WANT:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and/or 1-3 years of experience with computer system operations.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and Office 365.
- Experience with Active Directory and hardware imaging preferred.