Affiliated Engineers, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Affiliated Engineers, Inc.
- Job ID
- Job Location
- US-MD-Washington DC
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. (AEI) is a collaborative community of about 650 resourceful, creative professionals who plan, design, and deliver high-performance systems for organizations that improve lives and contribute to a sustainable future in Healthcare, Science & Technology (S&T), Mission Critical, Energy & Utilities (E&U), Commissioning and more.
We have a great opportunity for you to join AEI in a Market Leader role in our Washington, DC office.
Here is what we have in store for you:
As a seller/doer you will exercise independent judgment to create and maintain client relationships that will develop business opportunities consistent with AEI’s strategic initiatives, achieved through collaboration with other Principals. With your expertise, you will participate with the DC office leadership team for strategic planning, staffing and market development.
Expected outcomes of this position will be to generate and build long term relationships (with clients, builders and architects) and produce qualified project leads. This position will negotiate and develop consultant/teaming strategies and guide the preparation of specific marketing documents and participate in interview preparation, as needed.
What you will need to be Successful:
- Proven ability to negotiate and secure new assignments on major healthcare, S&T or E&U projects.
- Proven ability to lead a multi-disciplinary engineering team through planning, design and construction for projects ranging in scale from less than $1 million to greater than $100 million.
- Proven ability to provide conceptual level planning with Architects and Owner.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- 10+ years in consulting environment designing building systems or leading design projects across MEP disciplines.
- Recent experience (within last 5 years) in the healthcare, S&T or E&U market performing project management.
- Successful management of large and complex projects for sophisticated clients
- Demonstrated leadership on projects and with staff.
- Long history of very satisfied clients.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time to client/prospective client sites and other locations (conferences, etc.) where project development opportunities exist (depends on assignment).
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration.
What sets you apart:
- Excellent perceptual, conceptual and interpretive skills.
- Strong commitment to service excellence.
- Strong collaboration and networking skills. Ability and willingness to develop, share, and follow-up on business opportunities in a team environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong spoken and written communications skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Quick technical comprehension and motivation focused on client outcomes.
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Effective working individually and within team environments.
What AEI brings:
- Opportunity to be part of a collaborative team, innovative work environments, excelling performance, and ability to explore outside interests and professional development;
- AEI recognizes our employees are the most valued part of our firm. They are the core of what has made AEI a great firm to work for and why our culture promotes a flexible work style while providing you with the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects.
- We offer an exceptional benefits package as well as provide a year-end bonus based on company profits, individual responsibility, and performance.
AEI passionately invests in our employees by providing a collaborative, innovative work environment and the opportunity for personal and professional growth to work among the brightest minds in the industry. We provide the tools and a support system to help establish your career path and watch you thrive. If this environment and opportunity to work on world-changing projects aligns with your goals, we would love to meet you.
Come work with us!
To be considered, apply online at https://aeieng.com/about/careers/.
AEI is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled