Foreign Affairs Logistics Management Specialist (GS13 Equivalent)
- Location: Washington, D.C. (onsite, no regular telework)
- Pay: GS13 Equivalent - Step varying based on experience. Significant opportunities for overtime work for special projects
- Work: Provides time-sensitive support for high-threat diplomatic engagement, ensuring that State Department crisis responders and emergency medical supplies
- Professional Development: Contract-Sponsored Training for Project, Program, and Federal Contract Management (to include certifications)
- Security Clearance: Must be able to obtain up to a Top Secret Security Clearance
HCI Management Services is excited to seek outstanding candidates in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area to support its task order with the U.S. Department of State’s Directorate of Operational Medicine (MED/DMD/OM), part of State’s Bureau of Medical Services (MED). As a GS13-equivalent Foreign Affairs Logistics Management Specialist (Operational Medicine) working in Washington, D.C., candidates will support the State Department’s Operational Medicine Program, the essential functions of which are planning, developing, resourcing, and executing medical contingency plans to enhance the security of chief-of-mission personnel engaged in high-risk environments worldwide, providing senior decision-makers with flexible response options to identify and mitigate emerging medical risks and employing professionals trained, experienced, and equipped to operate in high-risk environments. On a day-to-day basis, Logistics Management Specialists play a vital role in the success of Operational Medicine Program activities, working in Washington, D.C., to facilitate the timely deployment of crisis responders and urgently-needed medical supplies to U.S. diplomatic facilities around the world. During periods of active crisis, the incumbent’s work here in Washington is an integral part of the whole-of-government response effort to an overseas crisis, whether naturally occurring or as result of a violent terrorist attack. Working in Washington, D.C., the incumbent will further support the Operational Medicine Program’s cutting-edge work in the transport of patients with highly-infectious pathogenic diseases, supporting the U.S. government’s only standing biocontainment and crisis medical evacuation asset relied upon by every federal agency and numerous allied countries and international organizations (WHO, NATO, ECHO, Samaritan’s Purse, etc.) as well as facilitating medical/security support for the Secretary of State and the Secretary’s Protective Detail.
Working from Washington, D.C., the incumbent maintains a highly responsive relationship with the day-to-day activities of their assigned subprogram, working as part of a cohesive team on analytical products and projects to ensure the rapid deployment of personnel and materials to diplomatic facilities in crisis. Key duties include:
* Deployment support for the timely transportation of personnel and materials to meet security-related medical support requirements, using professional judgement to assess the exigency of the support requirement, the availability of funds, regulatory and legal restrictions, and other applicable policy-based and situational-based considerations as applicable;
* Procurement and lifecycle sustainment support of supplies and equipment necessary for the provision of security-related medical support - to include assisting on a day-to-day basis with the physical receiving and transport of such supplies (must be able to lift 50lbs);
* Planning and evaluation support necessary to develop and adjust plans and schedules to meet requirements, evaluating logistical support plans for feasibility, efficiency, and economy-developing alternatives as required;
* Analyzes logistics policies, procedures, inventory processes, supply management information systems, logistics warehousing capabilities, pharmaceutical efficacy, and capacity/capability readiness, commending solutions and/or process improvements to Operational Medicine leadership;
* Ensures that deployable crisis responders with unique medical and tactical security competencies maintain required medical and security credentials, to include management of specialized training and related certifications;
* Candidates may be required to gain familiarity with the unique - and often unprecedented application of - laws, regulations, and policies applicable to healthcare credentialing, medical privileges, controlled substances, fiscal law, and regulated medical devices;
* Assists in managing a multi-million dollar annual budget for logistics-related functions and communicates with Department finance officials;
* Communicates with Department personnel, federal agency partners, military, international organizations, foreign governments, and private industry to coordinate and synchronize MED/OM logistics programs/projects; and
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum Skills: Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.) and competent business communication skills (written/oral) (may be asked to provide writing sample).
* Minimum Experience and/or Expertise: Must have demonstrated competency in one of the following: (1) logistics systems, tools, assessments of existing supply chains; (2) project/program management; (3) implementation and change strategies; (4) life-cycle Impact analyzes; (5) facility and location consolidations; (6) federal contract management; (7) budget development and management; (8) travel logistics; (9) Six Sigma process improvement; or (10) transportation modeling.
* Minimum Security Clearance: Candidates must be able to obtain up to a Top Secret security clearance.
* Preferred Education: Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree in Business, Health Care, Management, Sciences, Information Systems, or other related analytical scientific or technical disciplines.
* Preferred Security Clearance: In-scope Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance
* Specialized Travel Management Experience (not required, but highly valued): Demonstrated capability and competence to facilitate complex travel actions, including (but not limited to): Booking complicated, non-routine after-hours government travel via transportation management emergency services; coordinating with appropriate high-level stakeholders to coordinate such travel; experience completing government travel authorizations on an emergency basis, recognizing and drafting required justifications and ensuring that appropriate forms are signed and uploaded into a federal electronic travel management system (e.g., E2 Solutions or Defense Travel System); recognizing, understanding, and applying federal fiscal data to ensure that travel authorizations are properly aligned between applicable financial system object codes; recognize second and third order impacts of travel amendments, including impacts on supported and/or stakeholder organizations; experience with and a thorough understanding of the special circumstances and exceptions associated with the Fly America Act, the allowability of rest stops, and other travel entitlements applicable to federal travelers conducting official USG travel.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company