ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Analyst-Staff Assistant_ANG-Professional Svcs
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Program Analyst PD
PROGRAM ANALYST-STAFF ASSISTANT, GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT CENTER (GEC)
The Program Analyst supports actions for all of the functions of the CT team. These duties and responsibilities are specifically to oversee and ensure the establishment of team initiatives and projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE PROGRAM ANALYST:
* Develops and implements an updated, proactive strategy harnessing best practices for countering al-Qa'ida and ISIS affiliates and adherents in different regional and national contexts in relevant regions
* Assists Plans and Programs and IA officers in guiding and orienting U.S. government efforts to design, develop, and implement strategic communications programs that counter propaganda from al-Qa'ida and ISIS affiliates and adherents, and to fashion proactive, creative strategies for new media and direct engagement efforts to undermine al-Qa'ida and ISIS affiliates and adherents. Other regional programming may be available as well.
* Coordinates with Plans and Programs and IA officers and appropriate Bureau points of contact in the Department of State and U.S. missions in various regions to create, develop, implement, and strengthen best practices for U.S. Government strategic communication efforts in those regions to counter violent extremism
* Collaborates with the Plans and Programs and IA officers and, when appropriate and as directed, other U.S. government agencies to ensure that CT communication efforts to counter al-Qa'ida and ISIS affiliates and adherents in various regions are coordinated, complementary, and result in a unified whole-of-government approach
* Develops general proficiency in area of assigned responsibility by analyzing data received from various sources, to assist Plans and Programs and IA officers in producing policy relevant assessments. Assists higher-grade professionals in the completion of assigned research projects and program studies of increasing difficulty
* Liaise with policy-level officials within the Department, embassies, and other agencies to ensure that GEC views and interests are promoted with respect to current and emerging policy issues, and to ensure that GEC views are taken into consideration in policy development
* Prepares and presents oral briefings and written reports as required.
* Monitors trends in identified networks’ CT efforts, and recommending ways to fill programming gaps and identifying opportunities.
* As needed, develop, implement, and coordinate U.S. government efforts to recognize, understand, expose, and counter foreign state propaganda and disinformation efforts aimed at undermining United States national security interests.
* Knowledge of current analytic thought on counterterrorism/counter violent extremism (CT/CVE)
* Ability to synthesize information and relevant insights from U.S. government agencies, academia and the private sector in order to formulate CT communication programs and engagement approaches
* Broad knowledge of current U.S. foreign policy objectives and programs
* Skill in oral and written communication
* Ability to establish liaison within the foreign policy and intelligence communities to exchange information vital to both spheres of operation
* Organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities
* Creative thinking and analytical skills
* Written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and multi-task in a high volume, fast-pace work environment
* Maintain a flexible, team-oriented approach to work
* Excellent ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues
* Significant familiarity or direct experience in working for the State Department
* Active security clearance at the Secret level, with ability to achieve TS SCI access.
* A Bachelor’s Degree is required for this position, Master’s degree is not mandatory.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED:
Full performance in this position requires a Top Secret clearance. Candidates must have a Top Secret clearance upon appointment with the ability to obtain Top Secret with SCI access.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified, Native American Tribally-owned