Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Associate - Center for Military & Veteran's Health
at Altarum Institute
- # Positions
- Current Opening
Altarum is seeking a Business Development Associate to join the Center for Military and Veterans Health (CMVH) Team in our Washington DC Office. Altarum is a mid-sized, national, nonprofit government contractor focused on advancing population health and healthcare delivery.
As the Business Development Associate, you will work closely with the CMVH Business Development Manager and Center Director to execute the strategic direction of the Center as we support the mission to transform the Military and Veterans healthcare experience.
Our Service offerings include:
- Survey Science
- Applied Research & Advanced Analytics
- Advisory Services & Education
- Program Implementation Services
You will participate in the pursuit of new contracts; conduct research; work with our team to respond to RFIs and RFPs that align with Altarum’s portfolio of services and solutions; work with prime and sub-contractor partners to solve client problems together; use client forecasts and industry business development tools to identify new opportunities and manage them from identification to close in our Customer Relationship Management System.
You’ll use your energy, drive and creativity to support the execution of CMVH’s role to advance the mission for Military and Veteran Health as you work with a diverse team of healthcare experts focused on: applied research and analytics; patient experience, access to care, value-based care; public health systems design, development and information exchange; behavioral health and substance use disorders; women and children’s health; medical education, health disparities and equity; and the unique health needs of our military and veterans.
Preference will be given to individuals who understand how applied research and data analytics provide the decision support insights needed for Military and Veterans Health leaders (MHS/DHA/VHA) to deliver the best healthcare experience to our active duty military and their family members who receive healthcare through Military Health System under TRICARE and for Veterans who receive care from the Veterans Health Administration.
- Provide market research supporting innovative applications of CMVH’s core offerings, partnerships and opportunities that will contribute to the Center’s growth.
- Support proposal development efforts in collaboration with CMVH’s subject matter experts, including developing technical content, pricing and formatting.
- Facilitate timely review of opportunities and provide information needed to inform go/no go decisions.
- Track business development activity, including meetings with potential clients and partners, proposals in progress and won/declined opportunities.
- Identify and leverage existing relationships among staff in CMVH and five peer Centers for business development pursuits.
- Conduct research to obtain business intelligence, maintain market awareness and position the Center to compete for contracts/grants.
- Schedule and participate in meetings between potential clients and CMVH staff.
- Coordinate and/or support the creation of materials and collateral to support brand awareness and promotion of CMVH services and solutions.
- Attend select industry and client conferences. Facilitate materials, supplies and other preparation for conferences and meetings.
- Conduct research to obtain business intelligence, maintain market awareness, monitor funding, supporting relationships with potential funders and position the Center to compete for contracts and grants.
- Coordinate new contracts and grants from pre-proposal to proposal submission; potential partnerships and competitors.
- Two or more years of business development or related experience in Military and Veterans Health.
- Knowledge of healthcare technology and data analytics preferred.
- Competency and proficiency with structured business development and proposal processes.
- Strong communication, writing and editorial skills.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, Teams, SharePoint, OneNote, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Creative, friendly, energetic, approachable and reliable.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines, with multiple/simultaneous bid efforts, and occasional travel.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, time-management, and interpersonal skills.
If this sounds like you and you are up to an exciting challenge, please apply!
Altarum Institute (Altarum) is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Altarum serves the public good by solving complex systems problems to improve human health. Altarum creates and implements solutions to advance health among vulnerable and publicly-insured populations. Public sector clients include the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Agriculture, Department of Veterans Affairs, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and various state agencies nationwide. Altarum also serves clients in the philanthropic and private sectors.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.