American Council on Education
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Learner Success Lab
at American Council on Education
Primary contributor to and manager of ACE’s learner success-focused programs. The Director will lead ACE’s new Learner Success Laboratory program and will help shape related research strategy and direction. As one of ACE’s key subject matter experts on college student success, the Director will provide strategic counsel and support to senior ACE leadership on student success-related matters, and contribute to setting short- and long-term goals for ACE’s work in this area.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES OR TASKS
- Provide leadership, vision, and planning for the launch of the Learner Success Laboratory to ensure its effectiveness and establish its standing in the field.
- Identify members and convene an advisory committee of experts to provide input and guidance on program structure and content.
- As an advisor for a subset of the institutions in inaugural cohort, guide colleges and universities through a strategic planning process for maximizing student success across the institution.
- Recruit, oversee, and coordinate a team of ACE Advisors who work directly with participating institutions in the program.
- Provide budget oversight.
- Develop and revise program materials; design and deliver web chats on key learner success and Lab process issues.
- Facilitate a community of practice among participating institutions on the ACE Engage platform in order enhance networking and community building.
- Recruit institutions for the inaugural cohort, and manage prospect relationships for potential future cohorts.
- Work with ACE’s marketing and public affairs teams to promote the work of the Lab and disseminate results.
- In collaboration with ACE’s research team, develop an evaluation plan for the Lab.
- As a subject matter expert, collaborate with the ACE research management team to identify key learner success-related topics and projects that align with ACE’s overall research strategy and agenda, and with the Learning and Engagement division’s operating model.
- Author/co-author issue briefs, blog posts, and content for ACE Engage, with an emphasis on good practices learned from the Learner Success Laboratory.
- Review and provide guidance on learner success-focused research and writing by staff and graduate research associates.
- Represent ACE and present on learner success-related topics at conferences.
- Contribute to other aspects of research and thought leadership as requested.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Advanced degree in higher education, education, or related field. PhD preferred.
- Advanced degrees in other fields are acceptable if combined with significant practical work experience around college student success.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience, including successful program management
- In-depth knowledge of US higher education and campus dynamics.
- Record of relevant publications and visibility as a scholar and/or practitioner in the field of college student success.
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with campus leaders.
- Excellent writing skills, and the ability to write for presidential and other senior leadership audiences.
- Experience with educational technology and managing on-line communities
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter please include an example of your role leading or significantly contributing to a student success project/initiative.
The American Council on Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, matriculation, genetic information, credit information or protected veteran status.