American Psychological Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Training & Documentation Specialist
at American Psychological Association
The IT Training & Documentation Specialist will be responsible for all phases of design, development and delivery of Information Technology training to APA staff. This may include, but is not limited to, classroom instruction, facilitated discussion, hands-on or virtual training
- This position will evaluate various training programs and virtual applications.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to learn, understand and train various departments in proprietary, in-house developed software.
- Must be able to exude confidence when training large groups of staff in a stand-up classroom environment as well as perform one-on-one training sessions online or in person.
- Must be able to develop, write and maintain training documentation.
Education and Experience Required (level of education required, specific experience needed; e.g. budget, supervision, experience in industry):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education/Communications/Information Technology and/or certification in writing or training.
- Must be competent with troubleshooting software
- Must have excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Three years of technical writing experience and three years of performing instructor lead computer training
- Experience preparing documentation including internal technical documents, user documentation and manuals
- Experience designing and delivering online training for a variety of IT products and services
- Must be able to work in a team environment and willing to take on multiple projects
Computer Skills Required (including level of expertise):
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Advanced proficiency with Camtasia or other tutorial creation software.
- Familiarity with learning management systems.
Responsibility (main responsibilities of the job. Must include ‘Other duties as assigned’, and may include responsibilities for financial authority, and, representing APA to members and outside organizations):
- Develop, produce and evaluate user level training programs for enterprise-wide products
- Research solutions and make recommendations to staff
- Advise/consult with staff on best practices for enterprise tools and services such as virtual meetings and application software
- Develop timeline for training instructions
- Develop documentation for training and new applications
- Plan/perform training for APA staff in the use of supported software applications
Location: This role is located at APA's Central Office 750 First Street NE Washington, DC 20002
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary expectations. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.