American Psychological Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at American Psychological Association
The Marketing Manager is responsible for understanding the needs, drivers and buying processes of academic librarians and for using that knowledge to create and execute go-to-market strategies and plans that create awareness, drive sales, and increase usage of APA products. The Marketing Manager will own key market segments and the marketing of priority APA products to those segments.
Education and Experience Required :
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Degrees in Business, Marketing, and Communications preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing and brand management experience in an organization with intellectual property products and services.
- Strategic marketer with 5 years’ experience creating and executing marketing plans, leveraging analytics to make informed decisions and identifying market opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively with stakeholders across multiple departments.
- Experience developing content marketing that creates awareness and identifies leads.
- Experience developing and implementing social media strategies to engage a target audience, create awareness and validate a brand.
- Experience managing and tracking marketing and promotional expenses.
- Experience in the marketing techniques of understanding customers and users, including needs-based segmentation, persona development and journey mapping.
- Preferred: Familiarity with the issues impacting scholarly publishing, scholarly communication and digital learning, including trends in library purchasing, changing business models for scholarly content, and other new technologies affecting digital learning and scholarly publishing.
Computer Skills Required:
Advanced experience with the Microsoft Office Suite.
Intermediate experience with SalesForce or other CRM.
- Develop and execute the go-to-market strategy for select database products sold into key market segments.
- Understand how APA products solve market problems. Create internal positioning documents that will be used to develop external value proposition messages focused on each key buyer or persona in the library market. Connect the value proposition to the APA brand.
- Support the research and documentation of the buying process that librarians use to purchase journal, book and database products. Help APA understand the barriers that these individuals encounter during their selection process and the differentiators that make a product more likely to be purchased or, in the case of subscriptions, cancelled. Understand the archetypical buyers involved in the purchasing process.
- Develop and execute strategies and tactics for generating awareness and leads for each fiscal quarter for assigned products and market segments, including key programs and events with defined measurements and goals.
- Measure and tune marketing programs to ensure alignment with departmental and organizational goals.
- Contribute to the creation and delivery of thoughtful messaging, reinforcing APA’s reputation for trustworthiness and excellence, to influence key market segments. Focus collateral and content marketing on key personas and specific steps of the buying process.
- Collaborate effectively with Sales, and support a lead generation process that is designed to generate and nurture qualified leads with an objective to turn prospects into satisfied customers.
- Develop and implement social media strategies to engage target audience, create awareness of value proposition and validate the APA brand.
- Provide product and market expertise at conferences, meetings and webinars.
- Effectively collaborate with the Marketing Operations team to execute targeted campaigns, to develop creative, impactful collateral and to attend conferences that will help us achieve strategic goals.
- Collaborate effectively across functional areas and departments (such as Product, Sales and Editorial).
- Other Duties as Assigned
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary expectations. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.