BASIS Educational Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Planning and Instruction
at BASIS Educational Group
BASIS Washington DC is seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Planning and Instruction for it's 5th - 12th grade campus.
BASIS.ed School Managers & Administrators lead in one of the most unique and driven educational environments. Our schools rank at the top of the U.S. national rankings every year and we are growing. If you inspire creativity and intellectual rigor in your teachers and students and want a growing career path, let's talk.
BASIS DC is seeking a Director of Planning and Instruction whose primary responsibility will be coaching teachers and implementing professional development to support a culture of academic excellence and ensure the success of our students.
The BASIS.ed academic program is consistently ranked among the top 10 programs nationally and is competitive on an international scale. The mission of BASIS.ed Schools is to provide an academically excellent and rigorous liberal arts and STEM focused college preparatory education to all Lower and Upper School students. It is imperative that our employees share our vision of improving the state of education in our country.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Providing instructional coaching for all teachers fostering a culture of continual growth in teaching practice.
2. Plan and implement teacher training and professional development throughout the school year.
3. Support grade-level and department teacher leaders to plan and execute meetings to strengthen horizontal and vertical alignment of instructional practices..
4. Coordinate with other school administrators to develop and support the implementation of school-wide policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree and valid fingerprint clearance
- Experience teaching at the middle school or high school level
- Sound understanding of best practices in pedagogy and behavior management.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Preferred Qualifications: A Master’s degree in education and experience coaching, mentoring, and/or providing professional development for teachers is preferred. As is, demonstrated success providing high quality instruction to a diverse student population leading to strong student outcomes. Furthermore, a successful applicant will possess strong communication skills, a high level of attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
NOTE: BASIS (collectively, BASIS Educational Group, Inc. d/b/a BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and any other entity managed by BASIS.ed), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.