BASIS Educational Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
External Relations and Reporting Manager
at BASIS Educational Group
BASIS Washington DC is seeking qualified candidates for an External Relations Reporting Manager!
BASIS.ed School Managers & Administrators lead in one of the most unique and driven educational environments. Our schools rank at the top of the U.S. national rankings every year and we are growing. If you inspire creativity and intellectual rigor in your teachers and students and want a growing career path, let's talk.
BASIS DC is seeking an External Relations and Reporting Manager whose primary responsibilities will be developing and strengthening relationships with the community, regulatory agencies, and education policy stakeholders in the District. In addition, this position will be responsible for the administration of BASIS DC’s data integrity and reporting in various systems to foster and support data-driven educational decision-making to meet the needs of our educational community in the District.
The BASIS.ed academic program is consistently ranked among the top 10 programs nationally and is competitive on an international scale. The mission of BASIS.ed Schools is to provide an academically excellent and rigorous liberal arts and STEM focused college preparatory education to all Lower and Upper School students. It is imperative that our employees share our vision of improving the state of education in our country.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strengthen relationships with community & education policy stakeholders;
- Bolster and maintain the organization’s understanding of and involvement in the community and political climate in the District of Columbia
- Administer reporting systems, including updating historical records and creating current reports as necessary, for BASIS DC for compliance reporting in collaboration with the BASIS.ed Director of Compliance;
- Oversee state (OSSE) and authorizer (PCSB) relationships;
- Facilitate local data requests;
- Attend relevant OSSE and PCSB events, workshops, trainings, and board meetings and provide timely reports to the Head of School on external meetings and events;
- Identify and implement meaningful opportunities and experiences for BASIS DC students, staff, and community members that further the mission and goals of BASIS DC;
- Provide consistent and effective support to school leadership including performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and valid fingerprint clearance
- Advanced experience with PowerSchool, oracle database structure, and Excel
- Education experience in a school setting is a plus!
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with diverse constituents while maintaining high professional standards.
Preferred Qualifications: A Master’s degree in education, data management/analysis, or related field. Experience in program coordination, public education administration, or data management is preferred. Knowledge of and/or experience with the federal, state, local, political, and regulatory environments for public charter schools. Ability to provide guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems-, or process-related topics. Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems. Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes. Critically, a successful applicant will possess strong communication skills, a high level of attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
NOTE: BASIS (collectively, BASIS Educational Group, LLC d/b/a BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BASIS Texas Charter Schools, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and any other entity affiliated with or managed by BASIS.ed), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.