Bering Straits Native Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Test Engineer
at Bering Straits Native Corporation
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com to apply!
NOTE: Actual employment is contingent upon award of contract.
Bering Straits Information Technology, LLC, a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation is currently seeking a qualified Software Test Engineer in Washington, DC. This position shall have a solid working technical knowledge of software applications, protocols, and standards; hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience; knowledge of network security measures; and of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this position, and are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolve software problem reports.
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Set up test environments, design test plans, develop test cases/scenarios/usage cases, and execute these cases.
- Providing feedback on usability and serviceability, trace the result to quality risk and report it to NSM Management.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Secret level security clearance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Progressive experience with network management and analysis tools such as Solar Winds
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- IT certifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about. Occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must successfully complete a pre-employment physical agility test (PAT) and annually thereafter as prescribed by the government.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system. The work described herein is primarily a modern office setting. Occasional travel may be required. During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
- Supervisory duties do not apply to this position.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to military base. Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, BSNC shareholder descendants and BSNC shareholder spouses, in that order.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.