Bering Straits Native Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Administrator III
at Bering Straits Native Corporation
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com to apply!
NOTE: Actual employment is contingent upon award of contract.
Bering Straits Information Technology, LLC, a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation is currently seeking a qualified Systems Administrator III in Washington, DC. This position will Troubleshoot and repair enterprise server/workstation systems as well as Microsoft Windows domain environments to include active directory, systems backups, archiving and disaster recovery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this position, and are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Provide vision and direction in workstation computing and virtualization ensuring that the system architecture aligns with the clients goals.
- Advise, recommend and test new technology solutions.
- Lead system design activities or reviews system designs to ensure that applications solutions shall exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Monitor utilization, capacity growth and performance of physical servers across several sites
- Provide leadership regarding system design, architecture, and integration.
- Monitor utilization, capacity growth and performance of VMs and physical servers across several sites.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- Possess a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience within a WAN/LAN environment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Top Secret level security clearance with upgrade to SCI.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding and administration of VMware and knowledgeable of network fundamentals and security protocols of technical systems.
- Experience with encryption technologies as well as SAN, NAS, and Networking technologies.
- Knowledgeable of telecommunications protocols and router switch configurations.
- Skilled in configuring VMware vSphere clusters and related VMware technologies vCenter, vCenter Operations, Chargeback, vShield, SRM.
- Expert in building and maintaining high-availability (>99%) enterprise class environments.
- Experienced with SAN, NAS, and Networking technologies. Adept with enterprise class monitoring and management tools of networks, virtualized and physical environment.
- Possess excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in authoring system documentation, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Technical certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system. The work described herein is primarily a modern office setting. Occasional travel may be required.
- Supervisory responsibilities required
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to military base. Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, BSNC shareholder descendants and BSNC shareholder spouses, in that order.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.