Berkeley Research Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior Staff Accounting
at Berkeley Research Group
We at Berkeley Research Group offer a very different type of accounting career. Our work focuses on alleged accounting fraud, frequently involving hedge funds, private equity funds, and SEC registrants. Our engagements cover all areas of accounting and auditing as we review internal controls testing and operation, accounting policies and SEC reporting requirements. Our engagements are frequently chronicled in the financial news media and include numerous high-profile enforcement actions and civil and criminal lawsuits.
Our Associates and Consultants become part of teams that are usually small in size to allow the staff direct access to our experts in accounting, auditing, financial forecasting, valuation, forensics and portfolio management. Our experts hold CPA, CFA, CFE and other designations.
For those considering a career in auditing, our engagements frequently involve review of audit work papers, audit programs, scope of testing and conclusions, including assessment of internal controls at all entity levels.
For those considering a career in forensics, our engagements involve review of deposition and interview transcripts, construction of event analyses, transaction documentation and assessment of design and function of internal controls.
For those considering a career in industry, our engagements frequently involve the roles and responsibilities of CFOs, CCOs and accounting personnel.
For those, like us, who want to be consultants, we do all of the above!
Berkeley Research Group provides independent advice, data analysis, authoritative studies, expert testimony, investigations, and regulatory and dispute consulting to Fortune 500 corporations, financial institutions, government agencies, major law firms, and regulatory bodies around the world. BRG experts provide sophisticated economic, financial, and analytical advice across a wide range of disciplines including antitrust and competition policy, complex damages, finance, healthcare, intellectual property, restructuring, valuation, and workforce issues. In addition, the firm assists clients in major industry sectors with compliance, business process improvement and strategy consulting.
BRG Accounting Associates will work with the Capital Markets practice area, as well as other practice areas, while at BRG. The positions require highly motivated problem solvers with above average analytical ability. The work of an Associate can be either qualitative or quantitative in nature, and projects can range from industry and subject matter research to data collection to the preparation of statistical, financial, and other forms of analysis.
Headquartered in Emeryville, California, BRG currently has over 40 offices across the United States and internationally. This position offers advancement opportunities within a rapidly growing expert services and consulting firm.
- Demonstrate creativity and learn to efficiently use relevant software tools, analytical methods and computer models to develop solutions.
- Gain experience developing and maintaining electronic databases, spreadsheets and other files as dictated by project needs.
- Perform detailed research and analysis, then put the results into action (e.g., gather, review and summarize literature and data from the public domain, specialized industry resources, or client, public and commercial databases).
- Draft findings in writing to explain procedures used and issues encountered.
- Audit own work product and work product of others to assure quality.
- Organize case documents; create and maintain hard copy and electronic libraries for documents and retrieve documents from libraries as necessary
- Participate in a positive team environment and work hard to meet client deadlines and quality expectations.
- A Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or equivalent in the area of accounting with a focus in business analytics (accounting, finance, economics, information systems) or equivalent focus.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification or plans to sit for the CPA exam.
- Requires knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and relevant auditing standards. Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards a plus.
- Writing skills and the ability to present findings clearly and concisely.
- Proven capability with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and business analytics. A desire to expand those capabilities to relational database program(s) (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Stata, MS SQL Server, MS Access) is required.
Candidate must be able to submit verification of his/her legal right to work in the United States, without company sponsorship.
BRG is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.