Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project-based / Contract Staffing – Public Sector Advisory Services
at BKD, LLC
- Job ID
- Other Consulting Services
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
BKD’s Public Sector Advisory Services (BKD PSAS) practice offers a wide variety of solutions beyond standard accounting services, such as financial, risk, IT and program management services to federal, state and local governmental agencies.
As BKD engages in specific project-based/contract work for our public sector clients, the requirements for various positions will be defined further for your consideration of the opportunity. This posting provides an opportunity to submit your profile and resume for consideration in future project work. We anticipate positions to include roles as manager, senior and early career roles.
Positions and position requirements may vary as we provide accounting (audit, tax), financial consulting (internal controls, compliance, transformation) and/or cybersecurity consulting to the federal government. Work locations may vary based on client requirements. Travel may be required.
Projects could be located in the Washington DC area, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, Dallas, Oklahoma City, or other locations.
We desire core skill set and experience in the following areas:
- Federal financial management with an emphasis on financial improvement including financial statement & internal audit, audit readiness and remediation; OMB Circular A-123; internal controls, internal audits; grants management and administration; IT risk services experience including cybersecurity
- Project management experience (preferably using MS Project) for the tracking and monitoring of milestones and deliverables
- Program management to evolve the mission side of the business, develop internal team expertise and credibility and ability to deliver to expectations
- CGFM, CPA license or CPA candidate is preferred with at least one year of experience auditing federal contracts and/or grants depending on the role requirements
Roles could include:
Manager (project, program, audit, financial, consulting)
The Manager will be responsible to assist the Partner with project planning and execution in addition to drafting, preparing and reviewing project deliverables for one or multiple client engagements.
- Minimum of five years audit, accounting or financial/management advisory services experience preferably with demonstrated knowledge of federal government’s financial and management services, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB), GASB/Yellowbook, and other government regulations
- Ability to lead/guide projects and monitor the budget to help ensure the work is completed on time and within budget; define and solve problems and supervisory experience
Non-Manager, Senior Associate/Consultant level (project, program, audit, technology, financial) These positions will be responsible for preparing financial data, reports and information to execute on project deliverables.
- Minimum of one year audit, accounting, analytics or compliance experience including generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), accounting systems, advance ability to build and maintain complex spreadsheets, or auditing governmental financial statements
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, problem solve and think critically to deliver on project expectations
Please submit your information if you have interest in project-based/contract work. Please note that BKD is gathering your interest in these opportunities and submission does not constitute an application for a specific role on public sector contract engagements. If you have a desire to work on varied contracts ranging from six months to three years and the core skills fit your career interests and experience, please submit your profile and resume.
When an opportunity fitting your interests is available, you will receive a communication from BKD requesting you to complete the application for a specific contract/project.
Click here for more information regarding BKD’s Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, Reasonable Accommodations for Disabilities, and E-Verify.