Blue Cross Blue Shield Assn
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Program Manager FEP Info Mgmt
at Blue Cross Blue Shield Assn
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Program Management
Provides business consultative services towards the delivery of strategic and mission critical FEP Information Management (FEP IM) initiatives related to data integration, data warehousing and business intelligence platforms encompassing business, clinical and financial data. Acts as a senior business consultant in the analysis, identification, implementation of analytic applications and tools to support FEP’s information management strategy and business practices. Contributes to the formulation of data strategy by collaborating with business, information technology and analytical teams. Designs creative business solution to support strategic initiatives and provide results consistent with stakeholder expectations and established processes. Participates and contributes in data governance, data management and data quality initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages and provides leadership for FEP Information Management initiatives. This includes serving as a business subject matter experts on data warehouse, analytical and data integration platforms which support the FEP Program. Provides high level and detail business and data requirements as well as analytical/data frameworks needed to deliver business functionality.
- Oversees and/or conducts business assessments of best practices in the health information technology and health informatics fields and incorporate these in solving business problems. Conducts analyses and develops recommendations and/or strategies to meet FEP and BCBSA core objectives regarding the use of health data and informatics. Continues to identify and assess opportunities for process/systems improvement. Ensures business, financial, and clinical data is consistent across the analytical continuum.
- Provides detailed assessment/review of data warehouse and business intelligence platforms to ensure performance meets business requirements and operational expectations. Performs root cause analysis, workflow diagram techniques, and data use analysis to improve operational efficiency. Provides business support in the implementation of new and enhanced functionalities in the data warehouse and business intelligence environments.
- Represents department and FEP on internal and external groups, as assigned. Build/maintain excellent relationships with internal and external business partners and/or customers. Serve as a liaison or contact with EIT, FEP business community and other stakeholders. Serves as an ongoing conduit of best practices and external information to appropriate BCBSA staff.
- Performs required and appropriate monitoring, analysis and reporting of data environments to ensure performance and dimensions of data support the FEP strategy. Analysis includes an evaluation of business, clinical, and economic data. Collaborates with EIT resources to ensure data environment is robust, reliable, complete, and accurate.
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience within a similar environment.
- Minimum 8 years of experience within a business or IT environment with a minimum of 5 years within a managed care or health services delivery setting, preferably with expertise in data analysis, business information systems, healthcare informatics or information technology.
- Knowledge and experience of data warehousing, business intelligence and analytical platforms.
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office suite - Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint.
Preferred Basic Qualifications:
- Graduate degree in information systems, healthcare administration or other relevant concentration.
- Ability to build consensus cross functionally for business results, relying on excellent process management and conflict management skills.
- Advanced time and resource management skills.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate to small and/or large audiences.
- Advanced analytic skills with the ability to analyze and interpret data through complex analysis.
- BCBSA or Blues System experience.
- Proven track record of presenting information to mid to upper level management (must be able to translate and communicate technical issues to business stakeholders).
- Proven track record of generating creative problem-solving/alternative approaches to existing processes/procedures.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in multi-tasking environment with ability to effectively assist and/or manage multiple projects or programs concurrently; with the ability to function in a team-oriented, cross functional/matrixed environment.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Academy for Healthcare Management (AHM) certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics