Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Blue Team
BlueTeam Capital Projects
401K, Medical, Dental, and Vision
Why Work Here?
“Our great leadership, challenging projects, large loss property restoration brings excitement and career growth, with great benefits!”
Join the exciting Blue Team! We are presently seeking a highly motivated, goal orientated and efficient Estimator to join our growing team in the capital projects division. The Estimator reports into the Division Director and is responsible for client communication, preparing and submitting Prebid package (estimate, budget, and schedule), and travel to the project site as necessary to collect pertinent information.
Blue Team has been doing business as a national commercial general contractor since 2008. The Company is based out of Boca Raton, FL. The Company provides commercial interior renovations, exterior reconstruction, roofing and disaster recovery services for commercial portfolios. We are an equal opportunity employer that truly values our employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive new assignments from the Division Director.
- Client communication (local & corporate) at specified intervals to set and maintain expectations.
- Communicate internally the client expectations, to ensure a smooth transition in to production.
- Travel to the project site as necessary to collect pertinent information.
- Scope repair work and prepare detailed estimate.
- Prepare an initial budget to submit as part of the Prebid package.
- Prepare an initial project schedule to submit as part of the Prebid package.
- Prepare and submit for review/approval a Prebid package (estimate, budget, and schedule).
- Work with internal Prebid review team to finalize estimate and distribute to the client.
- Negotiate with owners, adjusters, and consultants for final settlement and approval.
- Recruit, qualify, and send RFP’s to subcontractors as needed for each project.
- Prepare turnover package and complete project handoff to Project Manager.
- Re-engage as necessary during production to review progress and prepare change orders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 3-5 years’ experience working in commercial construction and/or restoration.
- Extensive knowledge of established construction and maintenance practices, procedures and techniques as well as applicable local, state and federal building codes and legislation.
- Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task; proactive and deadline oriented.
- Must possess strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Experience in Xactimate is highly preferred.
- Travel – Requires 70-75% travel, up to 2 weeks away from home on each project
- 3+ Years in commercial construction
- Must be available and reachable on short notice and during all designated work hours, including being on call to respond to emergency losses 24/7/365
- Computer skills including: internet, e-mail, (MS Outlook) MS Excel, and MS Word
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university; or five (5) + years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer skills including: internet, e-mail, (MS Outlook) MS Excel, and MS Word.
- Full range of benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, 401(K) with Employer match and Paid Time off (PTO).
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BBMK Contracting dba “BLUE TEAM” does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or military status, in the process of hiring, retention, or the promotion of employee.
About Blue Team:
Blue Team’s Mission is to cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our clients. At the core of our company we strive to be mindful, respectful and understanding to our clients.
We do so by embracing our employees as family, at Blue Team, we try and instill a team mentality in each and every one of our associates and train our staff on our company core values.
We believe that with quality people and teamwork, we will achieve our goal of a successful and well-structured organization that will treat our clients fairly and with mutual respect.
Most importantly, we understand urgency and accountability, and that only when core values are implemented in our business culture, we may achieve our goals; to be a profitable, successful organization who values our employees and our commercial clients nationwide.