Boston Properties, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Property Manager
at Boston Properties, inc.
- Property Management
- Regular Full Time
- Building City & State
- Reston, VA
- Standard Hours
Assistant Property Manager
Primary Purpose of Position:
Oversee the resolution and manage the timely completion of day-to-day operational issues at assigned properties or property. Serve as tenant liaison in the building and maintain a high level of tenant satisfaction.
- Promote, establish and maintain positive relations with tenants via regular proactive communication, meetings and routine follow-up. Regularly inform Property Manager of topics discussed and action items to be addressed.
- Manage and follow through on the execution of tenant work order requests with building staff and/or outside vendors to completion in a timely manner.
- Arrange, coordinate and attend new tenant orientation meetings to review tenant welcome package, move-in requirements, general property information, rules & regulations etc.
- Regularly inspect tenant space, common areas, base building areas and grounds to ensure a high level of maintenance, regularly interfacing with internal staff and vendors to maintain same.
- Assist Property Manager with the development of RFP's and execution of contracts and purchase orders.
- Regularly monitor service contractors to ensure service is being delivered as per contract specifications and that insurance and contract documentation is in order.
- Maintain financial management responsibilities including providing assistance in the preparation of budgets, accruals, reforecasts and reporting budget variances.
- Analyze current maintenance programs/procedures and make recommendations to Property Manager that ensures operating efficiency and effectiveness.
- Partner with Property Manager to identify and achieve additional tenant service income.
- Manage tenant move-in/move-outs to include certificates of insurance, signage, move management, closeout and inspection.
- Coordinate with external contractors (i.e. janitorial, security, etc.) and internal departments (i.e. engineering, accounting, leasing and construction, etc.) to ensure seamless and cost effective customer services is delivered.
- Work with the construction department, including attendance at tenant improvement meetings and scheduling shutdowns of building services (e.g., electricity, water, HVAC) to avoid delays of landlord work.
- Coordinate annual tenant warden training and evacuation drills.
- Assist Property Manager with invoice review and processing.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Company databases and information/reporting tools.
- Participate in industry-related organizations including BOMA.
- Perform other assigned duties.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be eligible for and receive an Industrial Security Approval Top Secret Clearance which will require:
- S. Citizenship
- Background investigation
- Submission to a polygraph examination
- BA/BS degree in business administration, real estate or related field required.
- 3-5 years of property management experience preferred.
- Continuing education in the field through RPA or CPM certification courses, and LEED approved courses highly desirable.
- Working knowledge and understanding of operating costs, budgeting and related expense control preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. JD Edwards experience preferred.
- Familiarity with ADA and OSHA preferred.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently and to set priorities in a demanding work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to a variety of multiple tasks/situations with both creativity and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work independently and as a productive member of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as operation of a computer.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a fax and printer.
- Involves work such as tours throughout property portfolio usually performed by walking and by climbing stairs.
- Involves movement between departments to facilitate work.
- Regularly required to bend and reach.
- Regularly use hands and fingers to write and type.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to crouch, climb stairs and ladders and in environments with temperature ranges both while working outside and inside.
- Occasionally exposed to vibration or noise as well as dust.
- Vision abilities allowing reading of printed material, graphics, computer displays and physical inspections of properties and sites.
Internal and External Contacts:
- This position interacts extensively with all levels of employees within Boston Properties, with tenants and the public.
- This position reports directly to a Property Manager or Senior Property Manager, who provides daily supervision and guidance, and coordinates, evaluates, and monitors work performance on a periodic basis.