Boston Properties, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Leasing Representative (Retail)
at Boston Properties, inc.
- Regular Full Time
- Building City & State
- Washington, DC
- Standard Hours
LEASING REPRESENTATIVE (RETAIL)
Primary Purpose of Position:
Oversee the marketing and leasing activities for Boston Properties’ retail portfolio in assigned region. Develop and implement a property level business plan in accordance with established objectives and goals related to leasing activity. Identify, negotiate and close lease transactions for assigned properties.
- Negotiate deal structure and leases and prepare proposals for new and renewing tenants.
- Identify and close new lease transactions.
- Oversee and coordinate writing Letters of Intent.
- Maintain an accurate, in-depth knowledge of all aspects of assigned properties including all vacancies, tenants, lease expirations, sales performance, health ratios, exclusives, and renewal rights.
- Effectively articulate the features and benefits of the properties to potential tenants, brokerage firms and financial lenders through presentations, meetings and tours of space.
- Develop marketing materials to lease existing space, and promotional materials for new developments in conjunction with architectural/marketing firms, branding consultants, in-house Leasing Graphic Designer and exclusive brokers on projects.
- Work with architects, construction managers, project managers and property managers on design and construction of tenant spaces.
- Analyze and prepare quarterly income budgeting reports in conjunction with leasing department staff.
- Develop and prepare weekly marketing status reports and survey reports.
- Analyze, prepare and implement property level business plans in accordance with established goals and objectives for assigned properties.
- Implement leasing and marketing programs including supervision of exclusive brokers on projects.
- Qualify potential tenants and analyze and prepare Net Effective Rent spreadsheets.
- Develop networks and maintain strong, active relationships with current tenant base and brokerage community.
- Participate in asset team meetings with Construction, Development, and Property Management, Accounting and Finance.
- Attend industry events, including ICSC conventions to represent BXP and gain market knowledge on retail trends.
- Assist in preparation of Lease Abstracts.
- Interface with property managers on tenant relations, building management and place-making issues.
- Assist in the due diligence process on potential acquisitions.
- Participate in relevant organizations such as ICSC.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree required.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of related experience in retail real estate leasing or brokerage, preferred.
- Financial aptitude and desire to perform some financial analysis required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to interact with co-workers, contractors, tenants or vendors in an articulate, courteous and business-like manner at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, to further organizational goals.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organization and multi-task management skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as operation of a computer.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a fax and printer.
- Involves work such as tours of office space throughout property portfolio usually performed by walking, by climbing stairs and by operating a motor vehicle (car), the latter usually performed while sitting.
- Involves movement between departments to facilitate work.
Internal and External Contacts:
- Internal contact with all departments in assigned regional office, leasing and marketing staff in other regional offices, and various departments in corporate office.
- External contact with brokers, tenants, investor partners, lenders, and REIT investors.
- This position reports to a Vice President, Leasing who provides supervision and guidance, and evaluates performance on a periodic basis.