Boston Properties, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Property Management Coordinator
at Boston Properties, inc.
- Property Management
- Regular Full Time
- Building City & State
- Reston, VA
- Standard Hours
Property Management Coordinator
Primary Purpose of Position:
Assist Property Management with the day to day operations and tenant relations of assigned property or portfolio through the coordination of tenant requests and administration of maintenance services. Serve as the primary daily contact for tenant services.
- Assist Property Management in promoting, establishing and maintaining positive relations with the tenants and with the day-to-day operations of the property.
- Answer and route phone calls from tenants and vendors to the appropriate contact within Property Management and/or dispatch personnel based on immediate needs.
- Provide tenants and vendors with assistance in all aspects of scheduling building maintenance, communicating building procedures and supplying general building information.
- Notify Property Manager of repeat tenant complaints or unusual and/or unreasonable situations.
- Provide high quality of customer service and take an active role in the tenant retention program.
- Update and maintain current daily and emergency tenant contact lists and tenant information manuals.
- Coordinate for and provide tenants with holiday and special event notification such as welcome breakfasts, blood drives, ice cream socials, etc.
- Provide support to Property Managers by producing, modifying and /or distributing various forms, spreadsheets, manuals, information packages, and miscellaneous type-written information.
- Process correspondence with tenants, contractors and other third parties for Property Management staff.
- Maintain and update insurance certificate files for all contractors performing work at the properties.
- Execute prompt accurate billing of tenant work orders for billable services on bimonthly basis.
- Assist in the maintenance of an organized updated manual and electronic filing system for all properties, invoices, purchase orders, vendors, invoices, tenant work order billings and other general files.
- Assist with the scheduling of contractor work (ex: window washing) and coordinate with tenants.
- Contribute toward overall office operational needs by helping to provide phone coverage during lunchtime, vacation, sick days, etc., as well as providing administrative support related to maintaining property management operations as necessary.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be eligible for and receive an Industrial Security Approval Top Secret Clearance which will require:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Background investigation
- Submission to a polygraph examination
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required. BA/BS preferred.
- 0 to 3 years of previous customer service experience preferred. Prior administrative experience and experience in property and real estate management highly desirable.
- Proven customer service and problem solving skills.
- Ability to listen, think clearly and to communicate effectively and courteously in challenging and sometimes stressful situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to determine needs and achieve results without close supervision.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer programs to include Microsoft Office (Word/Excel).
- Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, and set priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Consistently projects professionalism in representing Boston Properties at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure and effectively meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to work beyond the regular work schedule.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as operation of a computer.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a fax and printer.
- Involves movement between departments to facilitate work.
- Regularly required lifting items that weigh approximately 15 lbs. – 20 lbs.
Internal and External Contacts:
- The Property Management Coordinator will regularly interface both verbally and in writing, with tenant contacts, with the property management, leasing, construction, development and financial teams as well at external vendors, construction professionals and consultants.
- This position reports to a Sr. Property Manager or Property Manager who provides daily supervision, guidance and coordinates, evaluates and monitors work performance on a periodic basis.