Boston Properties, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Boston Properties, inc.
- Property Management
- Regular Full Time
- Building City & State
- Reston, VA
- Standard Hours
Primary Purpose of Position:
Oversee the resolution and manage the timely completion of day-to-day operational issues at assigned properties or property. Serve as tenant liaison in the building and maintain a high level of tenant satisfaction.
- Promote, establish and maintain positive relations with tenants via regular proactive communication, meetings and routine follow-up. Regularly inform Senior and Regional Property Manager of topics discussed and action items to be addressed.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with vendors and the local business community.
- Coordinate all exterior storefront changes as requested by Reston Town Center retailers. Acts as the liaison between our third party architect, onsite property team and BXP Executive Leadership.
- Work closely with BXP Construction to coordinate and execute retail tenant construction projects. Includes preconstruction meeting, weekly progress meetings, coordination of engineering team, partnership with general contractor and coordination of retail move-in
- Manage exterior common area cleaning projects across Reston Town Center. Responsible for allocating project responsibilities with onsite management team, engineering and external vendors. Includes bidding various projects, management of onsite work, review vendor work and review/processing of all project invoices.
- Arrange, coordinate and attend new tenant orientation meetings to review tenant welcome package, move-in requirements, general property information, rules & regulations etc.
- Regularly inspect tenant space, common areas, base building areas and grounds to ensure a high level of maintenance, regularly interfacing with internal staff and vendors to maintain same.
- Manage and follow through on the execution of tenant and management work order requests with building staff and/or outside vendors to completion in a timely manner
- Manage tenant move-in/move-outs to include certificates of insurance, signage, move management, closeout and inspection.
- Maintain financial management responsibilities including preparation of budgets, accruals, reforecasts and reporting budget variances.
- Maintain an understanding of Landlord obligations and operating expense language of tenant leases and license agreements.
- Develop RFPs and execution of contracts and purchase orders.
- Regularly monitor service contractors to ensure service is being delivered as per contract specifications and that insurance and contract documentation is in order.
- Analyze current maintenance programs/procedures and make recommendations to Senior and Regional Property Manager to ensure operating efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify and achieve additional tenant service income.
- Manage specialty leasing and remote storage programs to the highest level, while increasing revenue potential.
- Coordinate with external contractors (i.e. janitorial, security, etc.) and internal departments (i.e. engineering, accounting, leasing and construction, etc.) to ensure seamless and cost effective customer services is delivered.
- Coordinate annual tenant warden training and evacuation drills.
- Review and authorize purchase orders and payments to vendors in accordance with company policy.
- Investigate and report all accidents/property damage to appropriate management and authorities.
- Perform other assigned duties.
- Participate in industry-related organizations including BOMA.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in business administration, real estate or related field required.
- A minimum of 5 years of property management experience preferred.
- Continuing education in the field through RPA or CPM certification courses, and LEED approved courses highly desirable.
- Working knowledge and understanding of operating costs, budgeting and related expense control preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. JD Edwards experience preferred.
- Familiarity with ADA and OSHA preferred.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently and to set priorities in a demanding work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to a variety of multiple tasks/situations with both creativity and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work independently and as a productive member of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as operation of a computer.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a fax and printer.
- Involves work such as tours throughout property portfolio usually performed by walking and by climbing stairs.
- Involves movement between departments to facilitate work.
- Regularly required to bend and reach.
- Regularly use hands and fingers to write and type.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to crouch, climb stairs and ladders and in environments with temperature ranges both while working outside and inside.
- Occasionally exposed to vibration or noise as well as dust.
- Vision abilities allowing reading of printed material, graphics, computer displays and physical inspections of properties and sites.
Internal and External Contacts:
- This position interacts extensively with all levels of employees within Boston Properties, with tenants and the public.
- This position reports directly to a Senior Property Manager, who provides daily supervision and guidance, and coordinates, evaluates, and monitors work performance on a periodic basis.