Buchanan & Edwards
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Buchanan & Edwards
- Job ID
Growth requires a strong foundation, and at Buchanan & Edwards, our people are our strength.
They are the foundation for building the next generation of innovative IT solutions, revolutionizing the industry, and solving the nation’s most critical challenges.
Let Buchanan & Edwards help you unleash your potential and reach your goals.
Buchanan & Edwards is seeking a talented Senior Project Manager to support a mission critical program at the Foreign Service Institute, in Washington D.C.
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all that BE has to offer. When you join BE, you become an integral part of our team. Not just an employee number, but a valued opinion with a voice that carries and drives change and innovation. You’ll have access to some of the most well-respected IT industry leaders in virtually every field and learn new tools and techniques while expanding your knowledge and skillset. We’re dedicated to helping you develop your career, and our culture applauds outside-the-box thinking and initiative. Our employee-focused leadership team knows that your success is our success and empowers employees with the necessary tools to excel. Join us as we continue to move the future forward, together.
As the Project Manager you will oversee and document all aspects of the Systems Development Life Cycle and provide oversight and guidance for company resources.
- Oversight all projects phases, including designing, planning, managing and executing SDLC lifecycle.
- Create and enforce, release plans and change management.
- Support the prioritization of work to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives
- Proactively manage risks and issues; develop and execute risk response plans, run point on project escalations and monitor is- sues to resolution
- Measure, monitor and report work progress to ensure high-quality deliverable are produced on-time, within budget, and meet or exceed commitments and expectations.
- Document and support the implementation of project management process improvements. Complete all documentation re-
- quired for the project.
- Analyze new and complex project, related problems, creates innovative solutions involving finance, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, and solution components.
- Prepares long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities and for necessary support resources.
- Attend meetings, briefings, conferences as required for the customer
- Act as a subject-matter expert to multiple complex work assignments
The minimum experience and education requirements for this position are due to the complexity, at the program level, of the tasks at hand. This senior level position will be instrumental in scheduling, managing, and building customer relationships to support our critical systems. This position will provide guidance and support to all technical positions including system architects, developers and database administrators.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline. Allowable Substitution: Additional ten (10) years of related professional experience can be substituted for a BS/BA degree.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- A minimum of 10 (ten) years of professional experience in IT project management is required.
- A minimum of 15 (fifteen) years related in the software development field
- Experience leading teams on large projects or significant segment of large complex projects.
- Possess the ability to plan, schedule, execute and monitor projects of varying scope, sizes and durations. Oversee the day-to-day activities of one or more cross-functional project teams. Oversees all aspects of projects.
- Experience delivering projects on-time, on budget, and meeting functional and quality specifications.
- Experience managing issues, risks, and change using appropriate and agreed upon processes and tools established within the POC
- Able to fully utilize Microsoft Project.
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. (BE) is an Information Technology and Professional Services consulting firm located in Arlington, VA. BE is a diversified high-technology services company, providing government, commercial and nonprofit agencies technology solutions and organizational management services to ensure mission success. Serving the federal sector since 1998, we base our solutions on an in-depth understanding of our clients, their mission and the unique challenges they face. BE is the winner of the 2015 Microsoft U.S. Federal Solution Partner of the Year award, a 2015 and 2016 Washington Post Top Workplace and has been an Inc. 500/5000 awardee for six consecutive years.
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is dedicated to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are committed to crafting a workplace that endorses creativity and innovation, and promotes engagement through open communication, acceptance of new people and ideas, and a supportive team dynamic. Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is an equal Opportunity Employer –Minorities / Women / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Buchanan & Edwards is an E-Verify employer.