By Light Professional IT Services, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Windows Desktop Support Engineer
at By Light Professional IT Services, Inc
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
- Tier 2 - Moderate
By Light is hiring a Windows Desktop Support Engineer to join our team suporting the Department of Veterans Affairs. This position will provide onsite Tier II support to our government client, such as, perform device imaging, configuration, deployment and installation at customer location; troubleshoot issues identified by desktop users, and implement corrective actions. The Engineer will analyze problems that indicate systemic issues, recommend solutions, and escalate all the issues that cannot be resolved at Tier 2 level to Tier 3 support personnel. Analyze and resolve problems in the computing environment on-site, over the telephone, or using remote control software provided by the client.
By Light provides a broad range of hardware, software, engineering, and IT integration services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we support defense, civilian, commercial, and health IT customers worldwide. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and 401(k) match.
- Troubleshoot any problems or issues that arise with Windows desktops/laptops from the network drop to the desktop/laptop prioritizing systems infected with viruses.
- Respond to alert notification or escalation of an issue from members of the client team, determine the probable cause of the issue and take the appropriate intervention action(s) to restore the Windows desktop/laptop to operational status.
- Document any troubleshooting and corrective actions taken to resolve Windows desktop/laptop issues in the Help Desk system.
- Document status of tickets; opened, pending and closed.
- Add virtual desktop client (CAG- Citrix Access Gateway) to existing office platform.
- Load and reload, configure, and update anti-virus and virus scan software on desktop/laptop as required.
- Create and distribute "clean-up kits" (including instructions and other user documentation) for Windows remote laptops.
- Load, configure, and update Virtual Private Network (VPN) and RESCUE software on desktop/laptop as required.
- Respond to any of the service area locations for the purpose of dealing with hardware and/or software problems that cannot be solved through remote tools and that require the physical presence of a technician. (local travel)
- Image, configure and deploy and install new devices to our customers.
- Assist Help Desk technicians to provide Tier II support as needed.
- 1-3 years of related support
- Experience working at federal client site
- Excellent people and communications skill
- MCSA Windows 10 or newer certification
- Active VA Clearance
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
- Must be able to successfully complete a background investigation
- On-Site at Veterans Affairs Office in the DC Metro Area
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities