Cameron Mitchell Restaurants
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LINE COOK - OCEAN PRIME WASHINGTON DC
at Cameron Mitchell Restaurants
Summary: It is the responsibility of the cook to prepare a variety of hot and cold food items such as salad mix, sauces, side dishes, and appetizers. Portions, washes, peels, slices, and mixes vegetables, fruits, pastas, and other ingredients from entrees appetizers, salads and garnishes. Carves and slices meets and cheese. Measure and mixes ingredients to make salad dressings, sauces, salads, and hot and cold food items following recipes.
1. Complies with all portion sizes, recipes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
2. Complies with standards of personal cleanliness and proper uniform at all times.
3. Complies with policies and procedures set in place to receive all food and supplies per order and store specifications.
4. Complies with management and other associates assisting with other duties, if needed.
5. Displays proper food safety techniques in handling and preparation. This includes proper personal hygiene, hand washing, gloves, knife skills, etc.
6. Maintains a sanitary work station.
7. Exhibits punctuality and dependability.
8. Knows emergency procedures for the restaurant.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, and individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Hospitality: Ability to respond quickly to guests needs, meets commitments, responds to requests for service and assistance, provide genuine hospitality.
2. Teamwork: Gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests, supports everyone’s efforts to succeed, exhibits objectivity and openness to others views
3. Technical Skills: Participates in training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills of the restaurant and company, shares expertise with others
4. Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves guest situations in a timely manner
5. Guest Services: Manages difficult or emotional guest situations (with guest satisfaction as a priority), responds promptly to guests needs, solicits guest feedback to improve services, responds to requests for service and assistance, meets commitments, provides genuine hospitality
6. Interpersonal Skills: Keeps emotions under control, remains open to others’ ideas, resolves conflict
7. Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and politely in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions, participates in meetings
8. Written Communication: Demonstrates competencies for portion control and recipes.
9. Restaurant Support: Supports goals and values, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, maintain cleanliness of restaurant and workstation
10. Quality Management: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality, applies feedback to improve performance, works quickly, ensures the restaurant exhibits great food safety and sanitation issues
11. Cost Consciousness: Contributes to profits and revenues of the restaurant, conserves organizational resources
12. Diversity and Ethics: Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, promotes a harassment free environment, keeps commitments, works ethically and with integrity, treats people with respect, inspires the trust of others, upholds organizational values
13. Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures, supports CMR goals and values
14. Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions, includes appropriate people in decision making process, demonstrates ability to prioritize
15. Professionalism: Reacts well under pressure, treats other with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, approaches others in a tactful manner, follows through on commitments, is pleasant in demeanor, maintains confidentiality
16. Quantity/Productivity: Meets restaurant and productivity standards, completes work in a timely manner, strives to increase productivity, uses time efficiently
17. Safety and Security: Observes and teaches safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses equipment and materials properly
18. Attendance and Punctuality: Is consistently at work on time and in full uniform
19. Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to direction, takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments, completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person
20. Adaptability: Adapts to change in the work environment, able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
21. Planning/Organizing: Uses time efficiently, possess good organizational skills, able to maintain an orderly work station, restock and organize stations
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skill or Ability
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, menu descriptions and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and other associates of the restaurant.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
To perform this job successfully, and individual should have knowledge of/or experience and /or ability to learn with point of sale systems.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
Lifting, Pushing, Pulling, Carrying
Up to 50 lbs.
Up to 50 lbs.
Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands or arms
Should be comfortable working in both heat and cold coolers for extended periods of time
Noise level is moderate
Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus
Ability to effectively present information in on-on-one and small group situations to guests and other associates in the restaurant
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Hours Required: Will vary based on concept and operating hours of the specific location.