Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cape Fox
This position is located in the Office of Workforce Planning, Policy, and Systems
Management, Office of Human Capital and Talent Management. The Systems Management Team is responsible for developing and supporting agency-wide HR Information Systems (HRIS) related to both Civil Service and Foreign Service human capital programs. While USAID integrates the data flow between systems when possible, there are several systems that require that data be extracted and loaded into other systems.
The primary function of this position is to extract and load data from various HRIS into other HRIS.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Employee may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Produces recurring and ad hoc reports and extracts from HRIS.
- Creates or edits basic reports in HRIS.
- Loads extracts into HRIS following standard operating procedures.
- Validates successful loading of data; identifies errors or issues with data extracts and/or loads.
- Troubleshoots and investigates basic inquiries related to data loads.
- Tests changes in data load procedures and/or data mapping.
- Validates data dictionaries for HRIS.
- Creates and/or updates SOPs related to data extraction and loading.
- Creates and/or analyzes metrics.
- Performs data entry and/or correction.
- Serves as a tester for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for new functionality in HRIS.
- Performs administrative duties, such as coordination of routing correspondence, coordinating meetings, and organizing documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Education and/or Experience
1-2 years of relevant experience, preferably within the federal government.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with extracting and/or loading data a plus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Skilled in both oral and written communications
- Exceptional customer service skills to meet the requirements of a demanding customer base under tight deadlines
- Experience using case management systems to respond to customer inquiries a plus
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN USAID FACILITY ACCESS