Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cape Fox
Cape Fox Facilities Services is seeking an HR Specialist to join our team in Washington, DC in support of the USAID.
This person will support the Human Capital Services Center (HCSC) which is responsible for position classification, civil service staffing and placement, employee benefits and retirement services, as well as personnel action processing for GS-15 and below along with e-OPF administration and quality assurance.
- Process personnel actions utilizing HR Connect/NFC personnel action payroll system to process the full array of personnel transactions for civil service employees GS-15 and below
- Provide staffing support, personnel action processing, scanning of appropriate documents in e-OPF, as well as assisting with employee benefit, and accession action forms completion for proper federal staffing and benefits administration
- Initiate eQIP investigations
- Scan documents in e-OPF
- Troubleshoot clerical and SINQ errors in NFC/HR Connect systems
- Assist with new employee orientation
- Maintain staffing case files
- Provide benefit support services when called upon
- Provide basic employee counseling on personnel action/staffing and benefits including information related to allowances, and basic benefit elections
- Provide clerical support for a variety of HR services, producing reports and correspondence as needed
- Assist with quality review of all HR technician and assistant assignments
- Organize information for merit and DEU staffing case files
- Experience processing federal personnel actions using automated payroll/personnel systems (i.e. preferably Treasury HR Connect / USDA National Finance Center Payroll Personnel System)
- Experience making historical corrections utilizing the aforementioned tools
- Demonstrated use of the Guide to Processing Personnel Actions (GPPA) to code and experience fully completing a wide variety of HR transactions
- Experience with GPR and 5CFR and other regulations providing guidance for personnel processing
- Experience conducting new hire orientations
- Demonstrated experience scanning documents in eOPF
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in order to assist with conducting entrance on duty sessions and to provide counsel to employees regarding benefits and allowances
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and in writing
- Demonstrated professionalism
- Ability to effectively meet and deal with a wide variety of customers and internal stakeholders from various echelons in the organization. Demonstrates tact, discretion and diplomacy in communications
Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibit employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation. Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates offer preference to Cape Fox Corporation shareholders, descendants and other Native Americans pursuant to Public Law 100-241.