Chemonics International Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations associate, ERP
at Chemonics International Inc
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3223
Categories: Management - Entry Level
* Washington, DC
Chemonics seeks an operations associate is the primary aide to the Digital Transformation operations manager, helping to coordinate and provide operational support to cross-divisional activities.The operations associate under the general supervision of the Operations Manager is responsible for addressing needs related to the maintenance of project support systems as well as internal operational issues. The operations associate serves as a department liaison to all home office support departments and will serve as a resource for Digital Transformation staff on operations issues. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Help organize and coordinate Digital Transformation meetings, retreats and gatherings; arrange logistics for seminars, retreats and meetings, produces agendas and materials, makes meeting room reservations and catering arrangements
- Initiate recruitment processes for Digital Transformation staffing and provides support throughout the recruitment process for new Digital Transformation staff
- Assist Operations team in maintaining/monitoring Digital Transformation individual development plans and performance appraisals
- Assist Operations Manager and other directors in drafting departmental materials
- Maintain Digital Transformation operations files, keeps filing system current and updated
- Assist in distributing various forms of communications within the division, the Home Office, and the Field Offices as directed by the Operations team.
- Facilitates teleconferences between Digital Transformation and offsite staff and vendors.
- Prepares invoices for billing of professional services rendered to Digital Transformation, coordinates with the accounting department on payments. Tracks payment of outstanding invoices for Digital Transformation-related expenses
- Update budget monitor monthly as delegated, and helps review and track invoices, contractors, expense reports and consultants’ timesheets
- Liaison with Digital Transformation managers and internal stakeholders and beneficiaries on Digital Transformation matters as necessary
- Assist in responding appropriately and quickly to requests for support from internal and external clients
- Assist in updating Digital Transformation DailyChem pages and listserv, IT-related transitions
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with clients, vendors, partners, and consultants that serve to enhance Chemonics’ reputation
- Develop skills to understand and better respond to the needs of new business
- Assume roles on proposal teams and develops knowledge of the company’s new business strategy
- Develop a solid understanding of roles and responsibilities within Digital Transformation, and its function vis-à-vis the company’s work and its mission, culture, values, and practices. Effectively communicates the roles and responsibilities to different audiences, both internal and external
- If certified, can serve as notary public notarizing corporate documents
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum one year of experience performing administrative support functions preferred
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with a collaborative, supportive, and patient approach
- Ability to critically think through and solve complex technical, managerial or operational problems and evaluate viable options based on available information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing, convey complex messages or concepts to a wide range of audiences, and lead meetings representing Digital Transformation
- Strong administrative, prioritization, and organizational skills; word processing abilities, knowledge of MS Office applications, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contribution to end results
- Knowledge of company’s main client and operations (including experience managing USAID projects or supporting regional operations) and experience living or working in developing countries preferred
- Language proficiency for a Chemonics’-supported geographic areas preferred
Apply through our Career Center at https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1&rid=3223 by July 19, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.