Children's Defense Fund
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Development Data Associate 1
at Children's Defense Fund
|Title:||Development Data Associate 1|
|Campaign Start Date:||07/15/2019|
|Location:||National Office - Washington, DC|
Job Title: Development Data Associate Level 1
Position Reports to: Development Database Decision and Support Manager
Mission of the Children’s Defense Fund
The Children’s Defense Fund Leave No Child Behind® mission is to ensure every child a Healthy Start, a Head Start, a Fair Start, a Safe Start and a Moral Start in life and successful passage to adulthood with the help of caring families and communities.
CDF provides a strong, effective and independent voice for all the children of America who cannot vote, lobby or speak for themselves. We pay particular attention to the needs of poor children, children of color and those with disabilities. CDF educates the nation about the needs of children and encourages preventive investments before they get sick, drop out of school, get into trouble or suffer family breakdown.
CDF began in 1973 and is a private, nonprofit organization supported by individual donations, foundation, corporate and government grants.
Responsible for accurate and timely data entry and quality recordkeeping for all donations and constituent information into CDF’s Raiser’s Edge (RE) donor database and adhering to complex policies, procedures and coding structures. Process constituent requests, receipt/acknowledges gifts, file and conduct research, as needed. This person will assist the Donor Data Associate Level 2 and perform designated and related duties in their absence. This person will also assist the Development staff with assigned tasks and projects to enhance efforts for the organization.
- Enter data for donors, contacts, prospects, donations, event registrations, interactions and attributes from all sources (postal mail, online, response mail vendor, third-party and workplace giving organizations, satellite offices and phone donations) and adhere to complex policies, procedures and coding.
- Log in live checks received through mail and ACH deposits reported to Development by Finance
- Receipt/acknowledge all donations and rejected payments accurately and in a timely manner while performing quality control on such documents and media in accordance with Development policies and procedures for specific gift types.
- Participate in the quality control and review of own and others’ work products and file management for accuracy and adherence to business rules to include producing daily reconciliation reports of gift batches entered.
- Perform routine constituent record updates to include removing and consolidating duplicate records
- Answer calls, respond to and resolve issues with constituent requests submitted by phone, mail, email or other communications.
- Edit and/or update constituent donors, contacts, prospects, donations, event registrations, interactions and attributes to include processing returned mail and adhere to complex policies, procedures and coding.
- As directed, generate canned reports from constituent database or on the basis of paper or electronic files.
- File and maintain centralized electronic and paper documents using standardized methods, as directed
- Learn and adopt new and/or updated procedures for processing donors, contacts, prospects, donations, event registrations, interactions and attributes.
- As directed, conduct constituent and/or prospect research.
- Participate in ongoing review and critique of data systems and work processes.
- Perform specified duties in absence of Donor Data Associate Level 2
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
- Some lifting may be required
- GED/High School Diploma equivalent with two or more years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in data entry skills with accuracy, Microsoft Office applications and knowledge of basic computer operations
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge/NXT or like database products, familiarity with Luminate Online and Import-O-Matic preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and clerical/filing speed and accuracy
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and complete work in a timely manner
- Ability to handle confidential matters with a high level of integrity
- Ability to work independently and within a teamed work structure
- Flexibility and acceptance of increasing responsibility
Salary commensurate with experience. Attractive benefits package.
To apply submit cover letter, resume and salary requirement
The Children’s Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer