Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Campus Coach Intern
at College Summit
Positions available in multiple locations including Miami, FL; Washington DC; Los Angeles, CA, Charleston, WV; New York, NY
College Summit was recently awarded a grant through the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation to conduct a multi-year Alumni Persistence pilot study. Through this grant opportunity, College Summit will engage students who have recently graduated from College Summit partner high schools, in five distinct regions, to provide them with ongoing support services while enrolled in their first year of college.
College Summit is seeking to hire one Campus Coach intern per pilot region, for a total of five(5) Campus Coaches. Each Campus Coach will support persistence initiatives on identified college campuses within their respective regions. All Campus Coaches will report to the National Innovation Project Manager. The selected candidates will have the opportunity to strengthen skills in college access and persistence, non-profit management, and communications, and work with an organization deeply invested in providing educational opportunities for low-income youth.
- Program Implementation: Work directly with the National Innovation Program Manager to understand implementation model for regional persistence interventions. Implement interventions according to model with fidelity. Communicate concerns and or issues with implementation model, and seek approval for alternative implementation approaches immediately to Innovation Program Manager. Maintain organized notes and log of implementation activities.
- Partnership Building: Work with identified partner college campuses to build relationships with campus personnel, particularly individuals in student support services arena and other areas that provide financial aid, counseling services, academic supports to students.
- Collaborative Practices: Openness to working collaboratively with others via a remote setting. Ability to communicate effectively and timely with manager and team members. Will engage with College Summit regional staff to provide regular updates on program implementation, alumni participation, upcoming events and activities, and possible need for support in connecting with partner campuses.
- Alumni Engagement: Engage College Summit alumni to participate in pilot study, and affiliated activities and events, such as orientations, social media connections, and evaluation feedback.
- Data and Reporting: Collect and provide qualitative and quantitative data in format provided by National Innovation Project Manager and individuals from the College Summit research team for this project. Participate in regularly scheduled check-in calls to provide updates, discuss current data, and share anecdotal information.
- College senior, graduate student, or recent graduates from all majors welcome
- 6-12 months of office experience preferred
- Interest in the nonprofit industry and education
- Solid understanding of customer service practices
- Outstanding communication and organization skills
- Proven attention to detail and ability to multi-task efficiently
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, email, etc.); database experience preferred
- Ability to remain calm in a fast-paced environment with a friendly demeanor
- Ability to work independently but integrate with a larger, cohesive team
- Sound judgment, tact, diplomacy, and flexibility with different personalities and working styles