- Well-respected, $30M Association with 90%+ of revenue coming from Government Contracts (around 50 contracts)
- Located in downtown Washington, DC (very close to metro)
- Needs a Controller/VP of Finance due to growth
- Controller level experience (management experience)
- 7+ years of Government Contracting industry experience
- Knowledge of Intacct software
- Advanced understanding of accounting principles and procedure, government contract and procurement regulations, business law, finance, budgeting, and financial analysis
Compensation: around $150-180k, depending on experience
- Ensure all assets, liabilities, income, expenses, receipts, disbursements, commitments and other financial transactions are properly recorded in books belonging to the Company.
- Serve as the chief budget officer of the Company. Participate in annual planning process. Assemble information necessary to support and justify budget requests.
- Oversee the personnel administration of the Company. Ensure Company personnel policy, administration, and fringe benefit plans/documents comply with applicable laws and governmental regulations; ensure compliance with Company personnel policies, develops procedures in support thereof. Recommend changes in Personnel policy to the President. Maintain employees’ handbook; recommends and implements needed changes and revisions. Maintains employee fringe benefit package; suggests improvements or changes which would improve the package or lower overall cost. Verify and approve payroll; verify and implement approved salary changes.
- Oversee Company general business administration, including: Insurance, purchasing, fixed assets, vendor relations, banking, publication fulfillment, membership records and billing, and maintenance of contract, legal, lease and other general business files of the Company. Develop and implement procedures, methods, and systems to administer Company affairs in accordance with Company policy, laws, and government regulations. Procure legal advice for matters relating to personnel, administration, contracts, and finances. Hire or approve the hiring of assigned administrative personnel. Evaluate or approve the evaluation of assigned administrative personnel job performance.
- Support the President, board budget and finance committee and the board funding and endowment committee. Coordinate activities relating to the preparation or revision of the annual budget of the Company. Formulate initial proposed annual budget. Submit proposed budgets to the budget and finance committee of the board for approval. Prepare budget amendments as needed to reflect board approved changes. Monitor financial performance with respect to the budget and reports such performance to the board and the President.
- Manage the Manager, Accounting, Senior Director of IT & Receptionist/Office Manager.
- Provide financial reports to the President, the board, other senior Company management, and external users, including federal procurement, audit and contract officials, and Congress. Advise the President, the board, and other senior management on financial matters. Prepare financial analyses and projections in support of Company planning activities. Recommend improvements to policies, procedures or plans to increase the overall efficiency and financial wellbeing of the Company.
- Arrange independent audits of Company books and records by board- selected external auditors. Coordinate activities relating to independent or government audits. Oversee the preparation of required tax returns, and ensure returns are properly filed.
- Ensure financial transactions are executed in accordance with policies established by the board and within authorized budgets. Review and advise on the acceptance of contracts and proposals prior to signing by the President. Authorize purchases of supplies and services, approves payments.
- Design, select, implement, manage, and maintain procedures, methods, and systems necessary to account for the financial affairs of the Company. Recommends changes, additions or rescission to financial policy as needed.
- Oversee technical information systems of the Company, including the selection and implementation of network and internet systems, web servers, FTP servers, and other technical resources, ensuring for the proper maintenance and security of such systems, ensuring that such systems are properly documented, and to ensure that the overall technical functionality of such systems conforms to the needs of the Company and staff.
- Administer contracts and grants from federal, state, or private sources to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, contract provisions, Company policies, and budgets. Oversee the preparation of contract billings and collections. Maintain relationships with external procurement officials. Coordinate efforts to obtain federal procurement officials a favorable interpretation of Congressional authorization for federal agencies to utilize the capabilities of the Company through contracts initiated and executed on a sole source basis.