|Cordia Partners & Resources is a locally owned Finance and Accounting Executive Search, Contract Staffing and Outsourced Accounting Firm, run by former Chief Financial Officers, Accounting Firm Partners and Recruiting Industry Experts. With three local offices (Washington, DC; Vienna, VA and Rockville, MD) we are effectively positioned to support any size or location of local client.|
One of Cordia's many exciting clients - an early stage software and technology firm - is seeking an experienced Corporate Controller who will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will oversee all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, inventory management, cash management, and cost controls. The Controller will also be responsible for the development and documentation of internal controls along with corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee all accounting and financial functions and its key role in supporting strategic and operational decisions.
- Manage all accounting operations including billing and receivables, treasury, payroll, vendor relationships, inventory, and revenue recognition; review account reconciliations and journal entries; prepare variance analysis and ensure accounting activities are well supported and documented.
- Prepare monthly internal and external financial reporting and analysis.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team; manage short- and long-term financial planning and resource management; work closely with functional leaders across the company; report financial and operational information to the senior leadership team and make actionable recommendations.
- Lead annual financial audit; coordinate state and federal income tax filings and regulatory filings with outside tax advisor.
- Support international business expansion with multi-currency, multiple entity structure, transfer pricing, inter-company accounting and consolidations; oversee financial operations of foreign subsidiaries including international payroll, statutory reporting, and tax compliance.
- Supervise inventory management team including financial analysis, optimizing inventory levels and working capital, warranty accounting, return and shipping policy and procedures.
- Oversee payroll and sales commission plan administration
- Manage day to day treasury responsibilities including monthly lender reporting
- Provide direct supervision, mentoring and professional development of accounting staff
- Oversee business processes and accounting policies, maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Develop and implement new financial system enhancements to automate and efficiently handle growing transaction volume and scale
- A ground floor opportunity to grow with an established well-funded market leader, which still acts like a start-up.
- Develop and build-out the team and infrastructure to support continued company growth and the ability to handle transactions at scale.
- Participate in setting financial strategy to extend streak of better than industry average growth and customer satisfaction
- Minimum of 8 - 12 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Big-4 Audit preferred
- M&A experience preferred
- Proficient with ERP operations and report writing is critical, particularly hands-on NetSuite expertise
- Guru proficiency in Excel is preferred, comfortable with analyses over large data sets and unknowns
- Broad knowledge of cost accounting and inventory management principles, systems, and procedures, ability to address drivers affecting cost of goods sold.
- Multi-currency and inter-company accounting experience, including OneWorld, is preferred
- Recurring revenue, SaaS experience, including subscription revenue assurance
- Experience at design, implementation of financial systems and automation of manual processes is key
- Must be a self-starter, independent thinker, willing to roll-up sleeves, able to switch gears quickly and multitask
- Led annual financial statement audits and report issuance
- Ability to handle fast-paced, high growth environment
- Proven leadership skills for a growing accounting and finance team
- Strong leader experienced in scaling operations with entrepreneurial spirit and adept at building out business operations infrastructure.