Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager, Accounts Payable
at CoStar Group
Innovation, a passion for excellence and providing our suppliers, employees and customers with exceptional value—these are the core values that drive us at CoStar. Throughout our history we have been the leaders in imagining and creating a platform that empowers commercial real estate professionals to excel, whether they are buying or selling a property, representing a tenant, leasing a space, valuing an asset, underwriting a loan or managing a diverse portfolio.
We are currently in search of an energetic, highly motivated Senior Manager, Accounts Payable (A/P) to join our growing Shared Services Services Team at our state-of-the-art headquarters in Washington, DC.
The Senior Manager is responsible for oversight and leadership analyzing, validating and paying all liabilities (invoices, expense reports, etc.) and providing oversight and compliance to internal processes and to Sarbanes-Oxley requirements within a publicly traded company. Also he/she ensuring financial deadlines are met for month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial closings. Also leads projects to streamline processes and participates in company-wide initiates such as ERP implementations.
This role reports to the Vice President of Shared Services and lead a team of seven accounts payable associates. This position interacts with all levels of the organization to meet department and company objectives.
- Responsible for the implementation and oversight of process and procedures to improve efficiency and accuracy of the department.
- Develop reporting and metrics to accurately show the performance of the department and individuals.
- Provide input to improve overall accounting processes and procedures and to maximize effectiveness.
- Performs a key role in the administration and compliance of the company Sarbanes-Oxley program.
- Ensuring that all financial deadlines regarding accounts payable are met for month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial closings, including supporting requests from internal and external audit functions.
- Oversees the expense reporting process and system that supports all employee expense reimbursements.
- Develop and maintain documentation, i.e.: periodic calendars of accounts payable tasks, job aides, process maps and procedures.
- Communicate with other departments and with vendors regarding our position on relevant issues, design/revise tools, processes and procedures to improve efficiency and head special projects, as needed.
- Over sees the company travel card and PCard programs.
- Works closely with Procurement to insure a ‘Best in Class ‘ procure-to-pay process.
- BA/BS Accounting or Finance or related degree.
- 7 plus years work experience within full life cycle A/P preferred
- 3-5 Years of relevant leadership experience at a Manager level or above.
- Strong communication skills (both oral & written).
- Capable of composing reports and documents in a clear and organized manner.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Oracle or other ERP experience, preferred
- Prior project implementation experience, preferred
So why work for CoStar?
Our culture of innovation and excellence attracts and encourages the best and brightest in a broad range of disciplines, which makes CoStar a fun and supportive place to work. CoStar’s benefits plan ranked among the top 10% of employers nationwide. Besides generous pay and performance-based incentives, the company also provides a 401(k) with company match. We support our employees’ professional and academic growth with internal training and tuition reimbursement.
With a state of the art in-house gym and healthy snacks in every kitchen, we were recently recognized by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence with their Seal of Workplace Excellence and their Health & Wellness Trailblazers award. Our 10-point commuter assistance program, which resulted in traveling 4.8 million fewer vehicle miles and saving 242,000 gallons of gasoline per year, also recently won the Commuter Connections Incentive Award!
At CoStar we believe in working hard and playing hard. While we take our work seriously, we make plenty of time for fun. Join the team and check out our fleet of loaner bicycles and Segways to take a break. Give back to the community and participate in the CoStar Builds service program. Restore and rejuvenate with onsite yoga classes or in our state of the art gym.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
For 25 years we’ve made it a priority to help our employees achieve their best. We know our success is reflected in the success of the people that make CoStar an industry leader. We are constantly reinventing the way commercial real estate professionals access and use data and we want you to play a part in our continued innovation and growth.