CoStar Realty Information, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at CoStar Realty Information, inc.
Are you passionate about software? Are you constantly pushing yourself to learn new technologies to develop better, faster and more efficient applications? Then CoStar is the place for you. Everyone at CoStar is deeply committed to delivering high-performing applications that change the way our users consume and use commercial real estate data.
We are the leading data provider to the $11 trillion commercial real estate industry. Every day customers use our data and products to make multi-million dollar investment decisions. We are growing rapidly and searching for a Senior Technical Manager who can take us to the next level. Are you up for the challenge?
The Technical Manager provides project definition and implementation through hands-on management of a software development team leveraging Agile Scrum development and project management best practices defined by the company. They will undertake the execution of software development projects to achieve the company’s strategic objectives and must work closely with Product Design & other technical managers.
- Know: Deeply understand what drives the business for which you are building software. We firmly believe that what separates a good Senior Technical Manager from a great one is a deep understanding of the business that they are supporting.
- Specify: Work directly with senior leaders in our Product Design and Technical organizations to design applications that amaze our customers.
- Architect: Hands-on involvement in design, architecture and development activities using Web, .Net, and AWS technologies.
- Build: Manage and mentor 1-2 Team Leads with their respective teams; manage and coordinate your team of 5-6 software developers in building applications and platforms utilizing the Agile SDLC. Act as a player/coach.
- Test: Work with your QA resources to ensure that the software you deliver is of the highest quality.
- Launch: Take complete ownership of product launch activities and coordinate closely with DevOps to monitor application performance and availability.
- Measure: Monitor application metrics to ensure the expected results are met with continual user growth.
- Grow: Make your team leads, your team, and your peer teams better at what they do by (1) hiring and developing the absolute best developers, (2) setting clear team objectives and (3) providing concise, timely and actionable guidance to team members.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of development experience
- 5+ years of prior management experience
- Experience in Web and Database technologies
- Solid web development and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and design patterns
- Experience in developing Server Side Rendered and Single Page Web Applications
- Experience with AWS EC2/ECS/S3/RDS/SQS/Aurora/Lambda is highly desired
- Experience in fast paced Agile Scrum environments
- Proficiency in Continuous Delivery best practices
- Understanding & implementation of automated test processes
- Strong project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience (direct reports, peers and senior management)
- Excellent team building, negotiation and consensus building abilities
- Ability to motivate and build high performance software development teams
- Commercial Real Estate knowledge is a bonus
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CSGP) is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics and online marketplaces.
CoStar conducts expansive, ongoing research to produce and maintain the largest and most comprehensive database of commercial real estate information. CoStar data powers the $17 trillion world of real estate – delivering the sale, lease, property, tenant, contact, reporting and industry information that makes connections happen. We help our clients make smart investments and decisions. Eighty-three percent of the nation’s commercial real estate transactions involve a CoStar subscriber, and the top 95% of the leading 1,000 brokerage firms use CoStar to inform their decisions.
We also help create lasting experiences through our family of marketplaces. In addition to CoStar, CoStar Group brands and marketplaces include LoopNet, Apartments.com, BizBuySell, and Lands of America – collectively attracting more than 25 million monthly unique visitors. The Apartments.com Network is the nation’s #1 most visited apartment listing network, with 45 million monthly visits, allowing renters to find their perfect homes. LAND.com connects landowners to their perfect properties, spots and open spaces. BizBuySell allows small business owners to bring their dreams to life. And LoopNet connects investors, sellers and brokers with clients who fall in love with their properties.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe and Toronto, Canada with a staff of approximately 3,700 worldwide, including the industry's largest professional research organization.
CoStar is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. CoStar is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.costargroup.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 1-855-840-1715 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.