Covenant Consumer Direct
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Support Broker I
at Covenant Consumer Direct
- # of Openings
Company: Consumer Direct Care Network
Position: Support Broker I
Location: Washington, D.C.
*For consideration of employment, please include a resume.*
See why Consumer Direct is a great place to work by watching our video
Consumer Direct Care Network (District of Columbia) is seeking a people-oriented Support Broker I to work in a dynamic yet fun and collaborative environment. In this important role you will assist individuals with managing their services through the District’s Services My Way self-directed Medicaid program. Successful candidates will emphasize their ability to support individuals with disabilities and the elderly, and promote prompt, respectful and professional service.
In the Consumer Direct Care Network employees are committed, dependable, professional and accountable. We value integrity, honesty and respect for others. We have high standards for how our employees conduct themselves at work and in the communities we support. Come join our team and be a part of a rewarding career helping others!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide services in a positive, professional, empathetic and client-focused manner
- Perform home visits for program enrollment and ongoing monitoring
- Complete appropriate and detailed documentation and correspondence for participants, including all required forms
- Maintain effective verbal communication
- Ensure a positive, collaborative and cohesive team environment
- Attend educational meetings, training sessions, and other meetings as needed or required by the program
- Ensure quality customer service
- Must meet one of the following educational criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree with two years’ experience working with individuals with disability or the elderly – or –
- Master’s degree in the field of Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Rehabilitation, Nursing, Gerontology or Sociology with one year experience working with individual with disabilities or the elderly– or –
- Registered Nurse (RN) or an Associate degree and three years’ experience working with individuals with disabilities or the elderly
- District residency preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficient specifically with Outlook and Excel
- Ability to travel throughout the District (if using own vehicle must have valid insurance)
- Must be able to successfully pass a background screening
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
When you join the Consumer Direct Care Network, there are many opportunities for professional development during your hands-on, formal training. In our growing organization, we have a long history of helping individuals build their careers in the field of in-home personal care. Whether your success is measured by a lifestyle you want to support, or you are seeking challenging professional growth, your work with Consumer Direct will provide opportunities to make a direct impact on an expanding national company that maintains a small company feel. We welcome your contributions, value your integrity and champion your vision while we collaborate on work that moves us all toward a more compassionate community.
Caring for others comes naturally at Consumer Direct Care Network. Our deep history of connecting people and championing change has made us strong and resilient. Pride in our diversity and our strength of character builds our capacity to care for one another. You benefit from our experience by being immersed in a rewarding, fulfilling work atmosphere geared toward helping others. We are proud of our employees’ loyalty and longevity. Their commitment to doing good work is what makes us a leader in our industry.
Advantages to working for the Consumer Direct Care Network team include:
- Benefits for full-time and part-time employees
- Rewarding career helping others
- Job satisfaction knowing you make a difference in the work you do and the people we serve
- Fun and engaging work environment built on team unity
- Paid Time Off , holiday and sick time available
- Retirement planning
- Professional training to help advance your skills for career development
Consumer Direct Care Network specializes in home and community-based services that assist older adults and individuals of all ages with disabilities and impairments to continue to live their lives independently in their own homes and communities. We provide coordinated service delivery in 14 states and the District of Columbia. Our services span from financial management services and support brokerage to traditional agency home care and caregiving, to home health and hospice, to behavioral health. We have extensive experience with Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance, and with supporting people who pay for their own care.
Your opportunities within our network are endless. It’s not just a job, it’s a career… advance it with the Consumer Direct Care Network!
The Consumer Direct Care Network and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug-free workplace.