CPS Professional Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Manager (IV&V)
at CPS Professional Services
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
CATHEXIS, a leader in performance excellence and program management for government and commercial clients, is looking for a Program Manager (PM) to support a Department of Veterans Affairs. The position is located in Washington, DC and is contingent upon contract award.
The PM is responsible for establishing and leading an Independent Verification and Validation Program, including project launch, planning, and execution of a multi-year effort to analyze and improve the Medical Disability Examination Program Office mission execution. The program is primarily focused on IV&V of MDE vendor performance against established KPI’s using data analysis and business intelligence reporting tools and techniques. Expected outcomes are improvements in systems interface performance, application defect removal, identification of documentation and contract administration errors, and business process remodeling.
The PM is expected to use PMI-type processes and apply a tailored governance approach to manage quality, performance, and stakeholder awareness though-out the effort, and to establish a program culture and reputation of the highest quality within the VA and corporate structure. Tasks will include planning, initiating, managing, executing, and closing out small and large-scale efforts and continually adjusting program resources to meet program priorities.
The PM is responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, assigning Contractor schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising contractor personnel and communicating policies, purposes and goals of the programs under management. The PM is responsible for contract performance.
- Provide oversight responsibility for multiple complex programs to ensure profitability and delivery of business solution against contract
- Exercise critical thinking, perform deep analysis, provide comprehensive and detailed problem statements and hypothesis, and articulate the messaging of salient information at an executive level
- In collaboration with the VBA, develop and disseminate a IV&V Program Operating Policy Statement to set expectations, assurances, and a common knowledge framework about the IV&V program amongst stakeholders.
- Communicate complex subject matter findings regarding the business value of health care, workflow knowledge, and business rules to inform decision making
- Manage, monitor and gain feedback on practice solutions and leads
- Full understanding of company dashboard and how individual task actions impact the overall company performance
- Effectively implement CPS PM tools and processes to effectively deliver programs on time and within budget
- Identify risk areas and offer mitigation strategies
- Understand and help build PM plans for each program, project and task; ensure profitability
- Establish and maintain organizational structure and appropriate staffing to include recruiting, interviewing and hiring
- Ensure appropriate resource allocation within unit and across company
- Gather enough information to make timely, informed and appropriate decisions
- Initiate and establish a program management and governance framework for a 5-10 person program staff with multiple stakeholder organizations within 30 days of hire.
- Lead project launch team through kick-off and launch phase of program to achieve full-operating capability within 45 days of hire.
- Identify customer priorities and reassign staff as necessary to achieve priorities on a flexible and managed basis.
- Set the program’s business rhythm to include execution of repeating and ad hoc tasks following a yet to be developed project management process specific to the IV&V program’s requirements and priorities, and corporate quality management system requirements.
- Provide regular program briefings to VA senior executives and staff on the status, priorities, and outcomes of the IV&V program.
- Ensure IV&V analysis is based on verifiable and validated information and data, and that transparency in all IV&V activities is provided to the extent possible.
- Master's Degree in related field
- Minimum 10 years' of relevant experience managing IV&V contracts
- PMP and/or Program Management certification
- VBA experience is a plus
- Assumes ownership and responsibility for assigned actions and/or tasks and completes within deadlines
- Confidence in strengths and an understanding of personal areas for growth; outline an individual development plan to maximize strengths and identify areas where training/coaching is needed
- Sets priorities and recognizes when re-prioritization is needed based on project and client needs
- Proven ability to influence others, manage and execute tasks with multiple conflicting priorities, and provide innovate new ways of developing and delivering solutions
- Strong and effective written, listening, and oral-communication skills (staff through leadership level)
- Change Management expertise in enterprise level change control boards for systems with multiple external users and systems interfaces
- Other relevant industry certifications: CPA, CISA, CRISC, CGEIT,