Creative Associates International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Curriculum Development Advisor
at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is seeking a Curriculum Development Advisor for an anticipated donor-funded project in Nigeria aiming to enable more effective state and non-state systems to deliver foundational skills to all children. The Curriculum Development Advisor will be responsible for providing technical leadership for all curriculum development activities, including leading and coordinating design, development, and implementation. The position requires technical experience with design, development, implementation, and assessment of Early Grade Reading Curricula.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position is housed in Abuja, Nigeria, reporting to the Team Leader.
- Supports design and develop Early Grade Reading (EGR) curriculum teaching and learning materials (TLM) including student textbooks teacher guides student work books continuous assessment books;
- Support the scope and sequencing drafting and field-testing refinement piloting assessing and revision of the EGR TLM;
- Provides technical support for the development of various evaluation tools to be used for qualitative and quantitative assessment of EGR learning materials and carry out various evaluations using those instruments as required;
- Supports various capacity development programs provided to improve and upgrade the capacity of the Ministry of Education (MOE) to plan design develop and implement EGR curriculum in the system;
- Managing support staff and consultants as needed to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities across technical areas;
- Ensure the timely production, coordination, and reporting of all data: quarterly reports, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data, financial information, etc;
- Lead regular meetings and maintain regular communication with state level team counterparts, to ensure coherent planning, M&E practices, and project troubleshooting; and
- Represent the project in major state meetings and events as appropriate.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in education.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in the education sector, with at least five years of a leadership role in a conflict or crisis-affected country context;
- At least five (5) years of relevant technical experience working with activities that are of a similar scope to this activity;
- At least five (5) years’ technical experience in developing and implementing M&E plans and results-based management; and
- Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.