Creative Associates International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Deputy Chief of Party
at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International Inc. (Creative) is a dynamic, growing organization specializing in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stability in post-conflict environments. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the organization is represented in 25 countries around the world and has a strong and diversified portfolio of international contracts with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients, including the United States State Department and the United States Department of Defense. The organization has built a solid reputation among its customers and during its worldwide missions; it is held in high esteem by both partners and competitors.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party (COP), the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will be responsible for overseeing programmatic components of the project, including strategy/work plan development, activity development, implementation, and closeout, and coordination and partnership in support of program activity development and implementation. The DCOP will also be responsible for directly supervising some technical/program and operational staff and for managing the relationships with local partners to plan and implement components of the Countering Violent Extremism and governance program activities. This position will work in close collaboration with the COP and Senior Advisor to provide technical oversight to select members of the program team. The DCOP will support the COP and relevant program staff in building and maintaining key relationships at the national, regional and local level. The DCOP will focus on identifying opportunities for leveraging synergies and amplifying the interventions of the project.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Deputy Chief of Party-Programs will report to the Chief of Party and have direct supervisory responsibilities for members of the program and operations team.
- Provide strategic leadership, supervision, and technical oversight of program interventions;
- Working closely with the COP and operations teams, manage progress toward meeting project milestones and objectives, and developing solutions to keep activities on track motivating, when necessary, program staff and partners;
- Ensure that program components are high-impact and results-oriented; and that project activities are meeting client expectations and that project results and accomplishments are disseminated appropriately;
- Ensure program staff use and maintenance of a Program Activity Tracker and that data is consistent with the project’s Monitoring and Learning Plan;
- Ensure that program deliverables are of high quality, relevant and timely and that protocols and policies related to branding and marking are compliant with donor requirements;
- Support the COP in representing the project to donors, partners, other implementers, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders, ensuring enhanced collaboration and multiplying project results;
- Promote transparent decision-making through open communication and regular meetings with program team, Creative HQ, USAID, and local partners;
- Ensure the cost-effective use of resources, anticipates, plans for, identifies, and solves complex problems;
- Identify and document best practices and lessons learned that can be successfully replicated and assist program staff to integrate into their work;
- Represent the project in relevant partnership meetings and other forums as required;
- Identify and maximize opportunities to raise the visibility and profile of the project;
- Oversee the production and dissemination of communications materials documenting lessons learned and best practices to maximize learning across the project;
- Ensure coordination with other development actors, including other USAID-funded programs, and support the COP in organizing and conducting coordination meetings; and
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
- Masters’s degree and seven (7) years of experience or bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience in democracy and governance programming, civic engagement, peacebuilding, conflict resolution, countering/preventing violent extremism or related field;
- Experience in USAID programming;
- Experience in fragile or post-conflict states, preferably in Cote d’Ivoire;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required;
- Excellent administrative skills, with demonstrated understanding of USAID and US Government rules and regulations;
- Strong program and staff management experience;
- Demonstrated record of success in politically sensitive environments;
- Capacity to understand and analyze national, regional and local politics;
- Capacity to support the COP in the design of grants that relate to current political and conflict environment;
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to work and multi-task under pressure; and
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French required.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.