Creative Associates International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Deputy Program Manager
at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, governance and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Deputy Project Manager (DPM) to support the implementation of the Inter-American Development Bank’s Comprehensive Rural Development and Productivity Project. The project’s general objective is to sustainably increase the income of rural households in the Dry Corridor of Honduras. Its specific objective is to improve productive development in the project’s target area by providing technologies, production-related technical assistance, and access to financing for the beneficiary population. The DPM will provide overall technical, financial, and administrative leadership for a rural development program in Honduras and serve as the primary authority for all decision making related to this award.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Deputy Project Manager will report to the Headquarters-based Project Director.
- Ensure results and deliverables are being achieved on schedule, resources are being used effectively;
- Ensure staff is performing according to expectations, partners are meeting their commitments and deliverables, client regulations are being complied with, and deliverables are of the highest quality; and
- Manage all program staff and ensure project activities are moving smoothly and efficiently to meet deadlines.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Economics, Agronomy, Forest Sciences or similar disciplines;
- Eight (8) years of experience in planning, management, monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects, including at least four (4) years with projects with either the World Bank or Inter-American Development Bank;
- Expertise in smart agriculture practices and sustainable agriculture, and/or natural resource management;
- Experience working on complex development projects, and possess knowledge related to addressing rural gender disparities and creating opportunities for women’s leadership and households’ participation in food security programs; and
- Spanish fluency is required.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous work experience with rural development and integrated food security programs.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.