Creative Associates International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID-funded Inclusive Peace and Political Transition Processes (PPTP) Strengthened opportunity is a community-based effort focused on four key technical areas: 1) Supporting transitional political processes; 2) Ensuring peace and political processes are maximally inclusive; 3) Supporting reconciliation and reintegration; and 4) Identifying, mitigating, and addressing conflict drivers to better support peace and transitions.
Creative Associates seeks a Grants Manager for an anticipated donor-funded project in Yemen. The Grants Manager will provide administrative and technical guidance and support to the Chief of Party and staff on the design of grant applications, guidelines, and regulations for the small grants mechanism.
Reporting & Supervision:
Reports directly to the Chief of Party.
The Grants Manager will have principal responsibility for:
- Providing advisory assistance to grant applicants and lead the review of grant submissions;
- Analyzing and evaluating grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance with donor regulations, recommending award actions to the contract team;
- Coordinating the issuance of awards and maintain contract documentation through the development and upkeep of a small grants database; and
- Preparing scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the small grants program.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in management, financial analysis or accounting desirable; Master’s degree preferred;
- At least five (5) years’ experience with sub-grants management, preferably in the Middle East; minimum of three years working in international development;
- Solid understanding of donor regulations and procedures pertaining to grants management;
- Solid understanding of Yemen’s civil society landscape;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze technical and cost proposals and prepare reports and recommendations on whether or notapplicants should be funded;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills; and
- Speaking, writing and reading fluency in English and Arabic.
Local and regional candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.