Creative Associates International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Life Skills Specialist
at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The purpose of Nicaragua Youth and Communities Secure, Empowered and Resilient (NYCSER) is to empower youth and their communities to acquire the knowledge, skills, and resources needed to become resilient and better equipped to advocate for their own best interests and security in the current national context of social and political instability and discrimination, including by actively participating in their communities’ and nation’s decision-making.
The Life Skills Specialist will provide in-house or community-based training services and related guidance to youth participants to promote work-readiness and behavior change by ensuring needs are met, goals are achieved, and a safe environment is both promoted and maintained.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Life Skills Specialist will report to the Education and Learning Manager.
- Design and lead activities to promote youth engagement in market driven workforce development training leading to employment or self-employment as well as soft skills training;
- Ensure program training activities are linked to the needs of the labor market, private sector and other relevant institutions to assist in youth integration to apprenticeship opportunities and employment;
- Provide input to project work plans and collaborate across activities to support objective integration and collaboration;
- Engage available and active youth networks and organizations in planning and implementation of activities;
- Develop appropriate youth resources and tools for project staff;
- Produce capacity development manuals and other products and roll out training programs;
- Monitor training programs, capture lessons and adapt training programs to meet local context (as needed);
- Support development of apps and other tools to facilitate learning and collaboration; and
- Develop working relationship with technical experts, education centers and partners for providing capacity development on Life Skills and Behavior Change tools and learning methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, social work, behavior science, or related field is required;
- At least five (5) years of general work experience;
- At least three (3) years of progressively responsible work experience at the national level in promoting life-skills development and livelihood support;
- Experience in developing curriculum or programs to help learners develop essential life-skills, empathy, leadership, goal setting, management, emotional literacy; and
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports to inform strategic decision-making.
Local and regional candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.