Creative Associates International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is seeking a Youth Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Côte d'Ivoire. The project will focus on preventing, and possibly countering, violent extremism among youth with an aim to strengthen community resilience and enhance learning in Cote d’Ivoire’s northern border areas.
The Youth Advisor will serve as the technical lead on activities related to engaging youth in village and commune governance structures as well as informal and formal youth networks in order to promote youth empowerment and reduce youths’ risk to recruitment to violent extremist groups. Interventions must be based on best practices in Positive Youth Development (PYD), Countering Violent Extremism (CVE), and peacebuilding.
This position will report to the Chief of Party.
- Manage operations, staff, and results of all related component activities;
- Provide technical leadership on PYD, soft skills development, CVE, and governance;
- Coordinate with local governance leaders, youth networks, and other key stakeholders to promote youth engagement and empowerment;
- Build the capacity of key stakeholders in PYD, youth engagement, social inclusion, and transforming gender norms; and
- Oversee all measurement, evaluation, research, and learning activities related to activities.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, education, social work, human development, psychology, political science, or related field required;
- At least eight (8) years of experience in designing, managing and implementing youth empowerment, governance, or CVE activities;
- At least five (5) years of management experience, including overseeing teams, developing and implementing workplans, managing budgets, and ensuring results;
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in PYD, CVE, governance, soft skills development, transforming gender norms and social inclusion;
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with local governance leaders, youth leaders, and other stakeholders;
- Deep understanding of youth perspective, dynamics, goals and challenges in Cote d’Ivoire;
- Experience working with donor-funded programming, USAID preferred; and
- Fluency in spoken and written French required; English preferred.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in international development, education, social work, human development, psychology, political science, or related field; and
- Technical knowledge in youth livelihoods, agriculture, or financial inclusion.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.