Creative Associates International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Youth Development Manager
at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The purpose of Nicaragua Youth and Communities Secure, Empowered and Resilient (NYCSER) is to empower youth and their communities to acquire the knowledge, skills, and resources needed to become resilient and better equipped to advocate for their own best interests and security in the current national context of social and political instability and discrimination, including by actively participating in their communities’ and nation’s decision-making.
The Youth Development Manager will provide technical leadership on positive youth development interventions for the anticipated project. S/he will ensure all interventions support meaningful civic and communitarian engagement of Nicaraguan youth.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Youth Development Manager reports directly to the Chief of Party (COP).
- Provide technical leadership for project youth empowerment activities, including the planning and coordination of activities at the grassroots, mid-level, and national level to incorporate youth, including young girls and boys, from under-served communities and rural marginalized areas;
- Manage activities supporting diverse populations of young people to develop the skills and knowledge to be effective change-makers;
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with local civil society and grassroots organizations, particularly youth-led organizations;
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to program partners and beneficiaries on youth empowerment;
- Provide technical input on program materials, including work plans and reports that evaluate program developments;
- Support monitoring and evaluation processes to measure program impact, results and high-quality data collection, analysis, and reporting; and
- Regularly gather and analyze feedback from program participants and manage adaptations to program design and implementation based on participants’ needs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in education, sociology, social psychology, social work, peace and security studies, gender, anthropology or highly related fields required; Master’s is preferred;
- At least five (5) years of demonstrative technical expertise in youth empowerment, positive youth development, community engagement;
- At least six (6) years of general work experience;
- At least four (4) years of experience with participatory governance or similar work in Nicaragua;
- Experience in USAID-funded program management desirable;
- Demonstrated training experience and workshop facilitation skills;
- Proven capacity to communicate skills and experience to others as a trainer and advisor;
- Superior oral and written communications skills to present information in a clear and persuasive manner;
- High-level interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity;
- Extensive project management and coordination skills;
- Exceptional analytical skills for interpreting complex program and youth engagement issues; and
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
Local and regional candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.