Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Job TitleChief Engineer
Job Description SummaryChief Engineer is responsible for the effective daily leadership of his/her staff, managing the engineering program to the highest level of quality work and customer service as well as the administration of the engineering department in alignment with the management team, the C&W engineering platform, and client expectations. The Chief Engineer will perform at the highest of ethical standards, reflecting the core values of C&W as defined in its Business Code of Conduct, Policies and Procedures Manual, and other related company policies. Responsible to plan, implement, coordinate, and supervise all mechanical operations, maintenance, communications, energy management, and manpower development programs for assigned properties. The Chief Engineer may be required to perform limited hands on operational duties and is not precluded from performing Watch Activity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise engineers and maintenance staff including hiring, training, personnel development, etc.
• Ensure performance management, coaching, and development of team members through established HR processes and disciplinary actions.
• Participate and coordinate annual scheduling and execution of the C&W Safety Program as directed by Asset Services, Engineering Leadership, EH&S Administration, and so forth. Responsible for 100% Compliance at his/her site.
• Manage operational accounts for building, including variance reporting, as required and assist in development of operating and capital budgets
• Utility Management such as tracking use, consumption, cost, reporting, comparison models, sub-metering, budgeting, variances as directed by Management and/or Leadership.
• Conduct regular inspections of building systems and equipment; identify and resolve issues.
• Assist in maintenance/engineering issues as required
• Recommend and implement improvements for preventive maintenance programs on an ongoing basis.
• Develop, implement, and maintain an effective preventive and predictive maintenance program for task scheduling, routines, and performance. Program to include procedures for annual, semi-annual, quarterly, monthly and other scheduled maintenance as provided by the manufacturer’s recommendations and/or industry best practices.
• Develop and maintain effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals.
• Coordinate development of and/or maintain an Operations Document Library, including but not limited to construction plans, structural plans, as-built drawings, MEP schedules, line diagrams and schematics, equipment and operation manuals, start up and commissioning documents, and equipment warranties.
• Formulate and conduct building-related systems and equipment training.
• Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors, tenant finish personnel, and engineers.
• Oversee all building systems including fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical issues; must remain current with latest HVAC technology trends.
• Maintain ongoing communication with tenants, clients, property management, and vendors
• Develop specifications and assist in solicitation, administration, execution and performance of maintenance/ repair service contracts.
• May assist in solicitation and acquisition of new management contracts
• Respond to all emergency situations quickly (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns
• Implement and administer inventory control programs, purchase parts and supplies.
• Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agency, and company directives as relates to building operations.
Duties are inclusive of approximately 50% operating engineer responsibilities;
May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may require shift work and/or on-call or stand-by duties
• Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
• Interpersonal Skills
• Organization Skills
• Technical Proficiency
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• 7+ years of related work experience in a commercial property setting or any similar combination of education or experience
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Vocational/Technical training certificate
• Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses
• Universal Technician for CFC’s depending on market licensure requirements
• Financial knowledge necessary for reading and understanding budgets, budget variances and basic reporting as required by management
• Familiar with Energy Management System (EMS)/programming and fire alarm systems
• Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must have ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
- Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
- Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
- Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
- Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.
About Cushman & Wakefield
Cushman & Wakefield (NYSE: CWK) is a leading global real estate services firm that delivers exceptional value for real estate occupiers and owners. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest real estate services firms with approximately 51,000 employees in 400 offices and 70 countries. In 2018, the firm had revenue of $8.2 billion across core services of property, facilities and project management, leasing, capital markets, valuation and other services. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com or follow @CushWake on Twitter.
For US Applicants:
Cushman & Wakefield is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.We hire the most talented professionals and invest in superior resources and technologies. The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for owners, occupiers, and investors are what distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Cushman & Wakefield is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
This Organization Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com