Digital Management, inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Change Control Manager
at Digital Management, inc
- Job ID
- Infrastructure Support
DMI is a leading provider of mobile enterprise solutions and services, including Mobile Strategy, Mobile UX and App Development, Omni-channel Commerce, Mobile Brand and Marketing, Big Data Management and Analytics, and Secure Mobile Device, App and Data Management. The company’s commitment to excellence in service delivery has resulted in dramatic growth and an expanding client base that includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite and project offices around the world. The company has been named one of the 50 Best Places to Work in the Washington DC area by the Washington Business Journal, and has been awarded Inc. Magazine’s Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US.
Careers at DMI
About the Opportunity
DMI is currently seeking to hire a Change Control Manager to support operations for a Federal Government customer in the DC metro area. The Change Control Manager is responsible for planning and coordination of day-to-day activities required to carry out, monitor and report on the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Change Management process for which they are responsible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the design, documentation and communication of the Change Management process. Mentors peers in process policies, procedures and standards.
- Develop, maintain and support a Change Management process to include:
- Initial review, recording and filtering of change requests.
- Establishment of a Core-CAB and ancillary members.
- Assess/Evaluate required changes based on impact, risk, resources and make recommendations to the appropriate change authority.
- Facilitate the change authorization process and maintain a change schedule and projected service outage register/report.
- Monitor the release and deployment process and report issues to the CAB and Change Authority.
- After Build/Testing is completed, ensure that formal authorization to deploy is granted and a remediation/back-out plan is in place before changes are released into production.
- Conduct a Post Implementation Review and closure of the change to include a verification that all testing, configuration, asset and service-related information is updated.
- Ensures that the scope of Change Management (what changes and releases are controlled by the process) is well documented and communicated.
- Maintains the list of pre-approved (“standard”) change models.
- Maintains and publishes the Change Schedule, ensures future changes are properly communicated and that any required input from impacted parties has been obtained.
- Works closely with Problem and Incident Management staff to ensure that service impacts from proposed changes can be accurately assessed and that a trusted source of the currently approved and actual configuration information is available.
- Monitors and reports on enterprise-wide process compliance and works with line managers to address issues with proper process execution
- Participation in IT service continuity and DR planning.
- 2+ Experience in ITIL Service Management processes including: Incident, Problem, Change, Release Management, Service Portfolio, Service Catalog, IT Asset, and Capacity.
- Experience implementing change control/management programs from the ground up, including resourcing and deployment planning.
- Experience in leading people through change, while maintaining the ability to adjust to rapidly changing technology, and to make decisions with limited information.
- ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation certification required. An intermediate ITIL certification preferred.
Education and Clearance:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. May accept experience in lieu of degree.
- Mininum Secret security clearance
Location: Washington, DC
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up your DMI wellbeing:
- Community – Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development – Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial – Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition – Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness – Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability. DMI maintains a drug-free workplace.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.