Digital Management, inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Oracle Database Administrator*
at Digital Management, inc
- Job ID
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.), the world’s first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company’s unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine’s Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
About the Opportunity
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is seeking a full time Oracle Database Administrator to support its application development team for its federal client.
The database specialist shall be responsible for installing Oracle and Applications software, administering Oracle and Applications servers, designing changes to Oracle and Applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working with Program Technical teams within each Program Office to create Development, Test and Production instances
Assisting the programming teams in tuning the performance of the physical database
Assisting in the migration of schemas from Development to Test, and from Test to Production
Reviewing new project requirements from the programming teams
Testing and applying patches and upgrades to facility in coordination with the programming teams and their management
Coordinating support with Network and UNIX Administrators including user support for maintenance, upgrades and any other changes to the Central Oracle Facility
Monitoring status of the facility and address Oracle Helpdesk tickets
Education and Years of Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7 years of hands-on experience in database administration
- Need extensive experience on databases including Oracle 11g/12c
- Experience with application servers, such as WebLogic 12.2 and JBoss 7
Proven experience with monitoring Tools including Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c, Oracle Management Agent
- Proficiency in Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Solaris Applications: SQL-Loader, SQL Plus, SQL Developer, SSH, Humming Bird Exceed, Weblogic Server 12c
- Well versed in Languages such as SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX and LINUX Shell Script
Linux server administration
Additional Requirement(s): Should be able to get Public Trust clearance
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical requirement needed for this position.
Location: Washington DC
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up your DMI wellbeing:
- Community – Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development – Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial – Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition – Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness – Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability. DMI maintains a drug-free workplace.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.