Digital Management, inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TS Cleared Senior Software Developer
at Digital Management, inc
- Job ID
- Infrastructure Support
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.), the world’s first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company’s unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine’s Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
About the Opportunity
This position supports a government customer (FBI) to provide consolidated, enterprise-level governance of IT activities enabling improved delivery of technology capabilities for users across the enterprise. The mission is to manage IT investments, rapidly deliver core IT services, and spur innovative solutions that match today's dynamic IT landscape; to lead the execution of high-priority technology transformation activities and identify and promote project resourcing in the digitally evolving environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Designing/developing web, software, mobile apps, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POCs)
- Responsible for integration engineering, testing & QA of cloud apps and infrastructure deployed on AWS, building the next generation of web apps and systems infrastructure, focusing on automation & availability
- Resource will be providing advanced QA integration support to onshore product team and offshore development team.
- Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Roughly 85 - 90% hands-on coding
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Will implement consumable security services with APIs, and driving adoption of 24X7 proactive security monitoring on all TIO environments and systems, while integrating compliance operations
- Work cross-functionally with various FBI teams: product management, QA/QE, various technical and operational divisions to drive forward results
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the projects within the portfolio
- Operate as Cloud Services lead and providing technical guidance for innovation teams
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- Coordinate with proper security organizations to ensure build/unit security testing meets IA requirements
- Test software applications and provide remediation for accessibility to other software developers for Section 508, Part of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended in 1998.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Active Top Secret clearance required
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years' experience developing web, software, or mobile applications
- 1-2+ years' experience developing prototypes at the right level of fidelity for each phase of development, from startup through launch and beyond.
- Certified - AWS Technical or Solutions Architect or 3-years' experience in role
- 1+ years' experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST
- Experience with AWS, CI/CD, and containerization (Cloud formation, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon Redshift, automation tools, Linux, Docker, chef or puppet, etc…)
- Candidate should have experience in a DevOps culture, working with multi-disciplinary teams (developers, architects, operations, testers) to provide quality assurance for releases of automation that provision & configure infrastructure components in the Cloud (AWS)
- Strong experience with any of the following Object Oriented Languages (OOD):
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Expertise in software processes, web services, microservices, multi-tiered systems, and enterprise application integration.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Experience with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Downtown Washington DC (Pennsylvania Avenue and 9th Street)
- Parking - no onsite parking is available. Within 2 blocks of all Metro train lines, several Metro bus lines, multiple slug lines.
- Monday - Friday (except Federal Holidays) day shift
- No telework permitted
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical requirement needed for this position.
Location: Washington, DC
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with
a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up
your DMI wellbeing:
- Community – Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development – Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial – Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition – Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness – Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability. DMI maintains a drug-free workplace.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.