Eagle Ray, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Palo Alto SME
at Eagle Ray, Inc.
- Security Clearance
Eagle Ray is currently seeking a Palo Alto SME. The Sr. Network Security Engineer, IT Network Delivery Program Services is responsible for the technical leadership, execution and delivery of next generation software defined infrastructure; firewall technologies, intrusion detection/prevention technologies, micro-segmentation, SD-WAN, VPN, other data center technologies and continuous process improvements. This position will be located within the National Capital Region (NCR).
- Install, configure, and manage Palo Alto Firewalls, DSM host-based firewalls.
- Install and configure B2b tunnels on Palo Alto firewalls for site to site VPN.
- Install and configure Cisco ISE for wireless authentication.
- Install, configure, and manage a highly available and scalable VMware/virtualization NSX Software Defined Infrastructure.
- Transforms the organization by leveraging and enabling automation, orchestration, continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- Functions as a technical change agent and influences product direction in order to increase IT business value and simplicity.
- Serves as an advocate for business stakeholders into IT and helps evangelize the role of network engineering technology back to the business.
- Provides well-considered counsel to leadership and other business service leaders on the strategic two to three-year technology roadmap for all software defined technologies.
- Presents innovate forward thinking concepts and technology to improve business processes.
- Contributes to our positive, team-oriented culture by developing and maintaining cooperative relationships, facilitating the resolution of conflicts, and accepting and providing constructive feedback.
- Must have an active/current TS/SCI and be able to pass a CI Poly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- 5+ yrs. of experience in a Network Security environment working with firewalls, VPN, IDS/IPS, Cisco ISE.
- 3+ yrs. of experience in delivering Software Defined Infrastructure, leveraging automation, orchestration, scripting technologies. NSX experience is preferred.
- Senior Level experience with Data Center infrastructure solutions: VPN, Cisco (Route and Switch), Palo Alto (FW + IDS/IPS functions), Cisco ISE, Trend Micro DSM (Micro-segmentation) – host-based firewall.
- Experience with migrations of Cisco firewalls to Palo Alto using Expedition.
- Strong experience in building site to site VPN tunnels for both Cisco and Palo Alto’s platform.
- Experience in working with Palo Alto Wildfire and Threat prevention for Intrusion and Detection.
- Experience in working with Palo Alto Global Protect.
- Experience in providing security consulting services to IT organization and confirm adherence to Company's security policy and regulatory requirements such as PCI, PII, HIPAA, and SOX.
- Campus LAN and WLAN solutions, also implemented on Cisco products, network segmentation and access control in remote offices and campus locations
- Programming/scripting languages and frameworks knowledge and experience, in support of automation (Python, Ansible, etc...) and also worked with Palo Alto’s rest API.
- Understands and effectively articulates the implications and impact that proposed architectural changes will have on the business (to technical and non-technical audiences).
- CCNP – Security, DC, Routing, Switching, PCNSE (Palo Alto) VMWare Certified Professional Standard.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- Design Ansible networking playbooks (and/or via Python scripts, REST API) for, Palo Alto, Cisco IOS/IOS-XE/NX-OS.
- Strong experience with Active Directory & DNS.
- Virtualization in the network, security and overall infrastructure space.
- 10+ years of consulting or relevant work experience.
- Travel may be required both inside and outside the Washington NCR.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity