Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OFFICE ENGINEER - CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT AND INSPECTION
at EBA Engineering
- 01-Jan-2018 to 31-Aug-2018 (EST)
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
EBA is seeking an Office Engineer (OE) who will help deepen our construction management and inspection (CMI) expertise and help our company continue to deliver exceptional and client-focused services. This individual will be responsible for supporting the Construction Manager and providing technical and administrative project services.
The OE will:
- Support the Construction Manager and be responsible for technical and administrative areas of the project.
- Set up and maintain project files. The OE will develop lists of submittals for the project, as well as, receive all submittals required by the contract, distribute them to the Project Manager for review, and expedite their review and timely return to the contractor. The OE will maintain a log of all submittals and re-submittals.
- Collect and record quantities, receive and check payment applications and all supporting documents, and expedite timely processing of payment applications. The OE will maintain records of all quantities, changes, and payments made and continuously reconcile quantities and payments with the contract documents.
- Attend progress meetings and provide minutes in accordance with procedures.
- Provide and maintain logs of requests for information, change requests, and submittals. The OE will also receive and process all requests for information and changes.
- Monitor all testing and maintain all records of testing and certification. The OE will notify the Project Manager of quantity/testing issues and monitor and document resolutions.
- Perform other duties as requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in construction project management software
- Previous Office Engineer experience mandatory
- BS in engineering preferred
- DDOT experience preferred
- Strong verbal and communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES
At EBA, we appreciate that our success depends upon the experience, knowledge, and teamwork of our staff. As such, we make our commitment count for our employees by valuing you and the work you do. We are committed to supporting diversity, opening doors, trading ideas, encouraging innovation, and giving our staff what they need to perform exceptional work in an exceptional atmosphere. We encourage you to explore an exciting new career with one of the Mid-Atlantic's fastest growing engineering companies.